•Chapter 34: We meet again•

3 more weeks had passed, Clementine still had her blunt attitude towards Carl while Carl still did his best to make her open up to him. He didn't know what else he could do to make the girl ease up on him and it's driving him insane.

"Hey Clemmie, look at this..." Carl said as Clementine looked back at him, silently cringing at his sudden nickname for her.

Carl showed a rusted golden locket with few dirts on it. From afar, it seemed edible enough for her to wear. But from upclose, it wasn't as edible.

"What is that?" Clementine asked nonchalantly.

"I found it yesterday, I thought I should give it to you." Carl said as he caught up with Clementine's pace.

Clementine stared at the locket then looked back at Carl. "I don't wear necklaces much, but thank you." She said as she took the gift and put it in her pocket.

"Why would you give me a locket though?" She asked as she continued searching from aisle to aisle of the convenient store they have been scavenging for a while now.

"Oh, no reason. Just wanted to give you a little something something."

With that, Clementine looked at Carl with a poker face before she continued to the next aisle which was supposed to be the comic section.

She continued her way down but stopped at the sight of a yellow digital watch that shows the recent time and date. She took a closer look at took the watch before examining it and to her surprise, the watch was working well.

Huh, who would've known that this that had survived for so many years. She thought.

It read: 11:43am, Tuesday, August 21st 2016.

My birthday. She thought as she secretly smiled to herself.

"What are you doing?" A voice said, startling her and looked at the person who owned the voice.

Soon as her eyes met his, she rolled her eyes and walked away again. "Nothing." She replied nonchalantly and headed out of the convinient store.

Once outside, she was greeted by Rick who was arranging the stuff that he had found inside the store and soon enough, footsteps followed her from behind but she didn't bothered to look who it was since she already knew who it was.

"Got anything?" Rick asked as he kept putting boxes of supplies in the backseat.

Clementine shook her head and crossed her arms the replied "Not anything useful. Just this watch." She showed the watch to him.

Rick glanced at the now 14 year-old girl and smirked "That's a fine looking watch." He replied and shoved another box inside the truck.

Their awkward silence was soon interrupted by twigs breaking from the distance. The three of them looked at the direction of the noise and took out their weapons; Rick having his revolver, Clementine had her dagger and Carl had a pistol pointed at the direction of the noise.

"Come out." Carl called as he inched closer to the unknown being and soon enough, a figure started to come out.

Two figures actually and both looked so familiar to Clementine.

Her eyes shone bright and she couldn't help but smile and dart towards the two people that she had been missing for so long.

"Gabe! Aj!"