•Chapter 37: Midnight sky•

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!

/Multimedia above - Midnight sky | Unique Salonga/

🖤J

The sky looked like a canvas as it was painted with the colors of blue, pink, orange and yellow. It looked breathtaking. The scenery infront of them was indeed the most beautiful thing you're ever gonna see in the middle of an apocalypse, but Gabe thought otherwise as he kept his eyes fixed on the girl beside him who was currently loving the beautiful sight.

"Now I've seen a thousand sunsets before, but this one is the most gorgeous one yet." Clementine said as she kept leaning with her arms on the railing.

Gabe smiled and chuckle which caught Clementine's attention and so she turned her head a bit and looked at him. "What's so funny?" she asked.

"Nothing, it's just... I don't think this sunset's more beautiful than the person I'm talking to right now."

It was so cheesy and corny. But Clementine felt flustered eventhough she rolled her eyes at him and smacked his chest with the back of her hand. "You're so disgusting."

Gabe continues to chuckle as he wrapped his arms around her waist and he placed his chin on her shoulder. "But you blushed though," Gabe pointed out earning another smack but this on on his face.

He laughed at her actions and continued hugging her from the back. "You know, you're still a bipolar piece of shit like before." Clementine said as she reached one of Gabe's hand and intertwined them together.

"Yeah, but you gotta deal with me."

"And what if I get tired?"

"You won't" Gabe said confidently and Clementine tilted her head a bit to look at the overconfident idiot who had his arms a wrapped around her. "And why not?" She asked.

"Because you love me." Then he gave her a peck on the lips. Clementine rolled her eyes again and pushed him away from her.

"Since when the hell did you get so cocky?" Clementine asked as she crossed her arms.

"I dunno. It just happened."

"It just happened my ass. What really happened to you Gabe? Last time we saw each other you could barely hold a scissor right and now here you are stealing kisses from me whenever you want to." She argued while pouting which Gabe found absolutely adorable.

Gabe chuckled and pinched her cheeks which annoyed Clementine. "What the hell? Stop that." She said annoyingly as she shooed away his hand.

"Come on, you know you like it." He teased as he reached her cheeks again but before he could, she raised her fist warning him, "Pinch my cheeks one more time and you won't see daylight again."

Gabe raised his arms in surrender and leaned on the railing instead.

Then there was silence. But it was anything but awkward, it was a comforting silence. One that Clementine wanted for a long time. She leaned against the railing as well, just right beside Gabe.

Then she thought, what are we exactly? As she looked at Gabe with worry and confusion.

Gabe caught her staring and instead of being all cocky again, he pushed himself away from the railing and walked infront of Clementine. His hands found the both of her cheeks, gently caressing them.

"What's wrong love?"

Love. That simple nickname he gave her but it somehow made her heartbeat increase uncontrollably. She took one of his hand and intertwined them again together. Then she stood on her tippy-toes just so she could plant a kiss on Gabe's forehead.