•Chapter 18: Unexpected•

Clementine's POV:
I started walking back to my cell buy someone called me making me stop on my tracks.
"Clem!" The voice said and I turned around to face the person who called my name.
"what?"
"Thank you... Again, I thought you ere gonna turn on us." Carl said as he looked down at his feet.
"I'm not that stupid to kill all of you by myself." I said as I crossed my arms
"ha-ha very funny." Carl said while smirking and he flicked the top of his hat.

I just laughed and shrugged.
"well, I gotta get back to my 'room' before Daryl hurts me or something.

"actually, My dad and I talked and we agreed that you should join us." He said smiling.
"I'm not really good with groups. Plus, I only saved you guys ONCE that doesn't mean I'm on yoir side." I said
"you and Glenn are friends right?" He asked.
"Obviously, yes." I said.
"Would you kill him?" He asked.
"No."
"Then you wouldn't kill us." He said while smiling.
"Just... Give me some time to think about things, okay?" I said and he nodded.

I scoffed and went back to my cell and tried to get my mind off of things.

______
My eyes snapped as I realized that I was back in the small room me and Aj used to live. I looked over to my right and saw Gabe playing with Aj.
"Oh, hey. You're awake." He said smiling. I slowly sat up and just look at him bluntly.
"H-how did you get here?" I asked.

He looks at Aj then at me.
"We escaped, remember?" He said
"Escaped what?" I asked.
"Do you really want me to tell you?" He asked and I just slowly nodded. He sighed and sat next to me.

He leans in closer to my ear and whispered:
"Everyone died."

---
My eyes opened once again and I realized that I was back at my cell.

"Bad dream?" Glenn said.
I didn't answer him, I just looked at him then looked down.
"I get bad dreams too..." He said as he walked over to me and sat down next to me.
"You can tell me anything, Clem... We're friends afterall" He said and I looked at him and shook my head.
"I'm fine, Glenn." I protested.
"You don't look fine--"
"I said I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I said and looked down.
"Okay..." He said and scoffed and stood up.
"But if you need someone to talk to, I'm always at the watchtower." He said before he walked away.

T

ime skip to 4 days later...
"Clem, hey!" Carl greeted and I responsed with a smile.
"sooo... Me, my dad and Michonne are going on a scavenge, Do you wanna come?" He asked
"I mean, I get it if you don't wanna come— its dangerous out there and you can get killed--"
"Carl, I lived almost all of my life outside... Its basically my home- and don't forget that I'm the one who saved you from those people who tried to raid this place." I said while crossing my arms.
He scoffed and smirked.
"Well, come on." He said and I followed him to Rick who's currently waiting outside the car.

"Hey, you guys ready? Got your weapons?" Rick asked.
"Yes" Me and Carl said in unison.
"Well, hop in"

______
After minutes of driving, we arrived at the police station Rick was talking about but the guns were gone. So we explored around the area and saw a really protected house... It was surrounded by traps so we avoided the traps and tried to get inside but even before we do, someone started shooting us and we successfully avoided the bullets. Me, Rick, Carl and Michonne fired back but the guy dodged every single bullet.

"Damn, where is he?" I asked.

Rick just shrugged and looked around for him. I did the same thing too but then I heard a gunshot and saw Carl shoot the man. Me and Michonne ran over to them and checked if the guy was still alive... He was, he's a wearing body suit (idk what its called so stop judging me kay?) and Rick took of his mask. Rick looked shock as if he knew the guy.

"You know this guy?" I asked.
"Yeah. Come on, help me get him inside." He said and we carried him all the way in his "house".

We set him down and have a look around and saw the guns we were looking for.
"Guys, I'm just gonna wait outside."I said and they all said yes so I went out and just waited.

I scanned my surrounding and at the corner of my eye, I saw a deer. I took my gun out but even before I could start walking to it, Carl tapped my shoulder, startling me a little.
"Woah, I didn't mean to scare you." Carl said while giggling and I punched him lightly at his shoulder.

"What do you want?" I asked.
"Oh, me and Michonne are going to this baby place to get something for Judith. Do you want to come?" He asked
"Umm... No thanks, I was just about to get us some dinner, I saw it ran to the woods." I said.
"Well lets get that first then." He said.
"uhh... No, I got this. Go get whatever you're getting." I said.
"You sure?" He asked.
"Yes, I'm fine. Go." I said and he and Michonne started walking while I started walking over to where the deer went.

I kept walking til I saw the deer. I smirked and got my gun out and aim for it... I was about to shoot it when 5 walker started chasing it.

"shit." I said and ran after the deer.

I stabbed the first one and the other two noticed me. I kicked the walker at its knee and stabbed its head while I kicked the other one at its stomach and stab its head.

After that, I ran after the other two walkers. I caught the first one and stabbed its head. I quickly got up and and pulled my gun out to shoot the walker that was about to bite the deer but instead of the walker, I shot the deer and it fell to the ground and the walker ate it.

"fuck." I sighed as I walked over to the walker and stabbed its head. I then bent down and scanned the deer, thinking maybe I could cut the bitten part off.

"Clementine?" I heard a familliar voice say. I slowly turned around and look at the person.

My heartbeat went from normal to unstable as I saw that familiar blue jacket and orange beanie.
"Hey Gabe."