•Chapter 11: A piece of me•

Gabe's POV:
After Javi, Tripp and Jesus convinced me to come with them to search for Eleanor and Kate, I finally agreed and now we're walking down an abandoned street but for us, it didn't seem like it was like any ordinary abandoned street for us. Because this street, is the street to Richmond. And Richmond is where The New Frontier is.

I kept walking with my head still low. I couldn't stop thinking about Clem. I hear her voice inside my head... or maybe I'm just going crazy. Hell yes I'm crazy, Crazy for her. And I'd probably go insane if I ever find out that she's dead. But, I still wanted to think positive. Posive that she'd be okay and positive that I'd see her again because right now, there's nothing more important to me than keeping and knowing that she is safe.

Javi and and the other adults kept blabbing about The New Frontier while I'm at the back not knowing anything about what they're saying. But honestly, I couldn't care less. Cause right now, I just want to hung myself because I'm that fucking desperate for Clem.

I'm not used to not hearing her voice or even seeing her shadow. I guess I got attached to her too fucking much. She did this to me. She made me go crazy for her. But who the hell could blame her? I couldn't. Cause that's what she is— She's herself and that's what I really like about her.

After minutes of walking, we finally saw the car that Eleanor and Kate was driving. Javi rushed to it and opened the door and I heard her shout Kate's name. I ran over to the car too and as Javi got off her, I hugged her too and reassured her that I was okay. Eventhough I know to myself that I'm not.

Javi picked up Kate bridal style as we marched to the gates of Richmond. I was breathing in and out, wondering what would happen. I know something bad's about to happen but,  regarded this as a result of me thinking about Clementine for the past 10 or 15 minutes.

We finally reached the gates of Richmond and Javi started talking to a guy. He was trying to convince the guy to let us in. Suddenly, he told Javi to put our guns down (I mean the other people from the group coz Gabe gave his gun to Clem... remember? 😂) and we did what he told us to do. I was pissed off when we did but, why the hell would we obey them? After what they did to Mariana, to Prescott... and probably to Eleanor.

I just sighed and rolled my eyes as the door opened and a familliar voice started talking.

"What's going on here?" The man said.

Little did I know that that man was...

"Oh my god..."

"Dad?" I said in complete shock. His mouth were agape as he looked over to Kate.
"What the hell happened?" He asked as he ran over to Kate.
"Well she---" Javi got cut off by me.
"Nothing really... she just got shot by YOUR people. No fucking big deal." I said as I crossed my arms. Dad glared at me and his eyes laid on Javi.

"Get her inside." Dad said and all of us went inside.

---
I sat down on the roof and looked at the setting sun. I was tracing circles on top of my hand as I thought about Clementine again...

But one thing's for sure... by tomorrow, whether Javi or Dad wants me to or not, I'll go out to look for her. Even if that means that I'll die.

I sighed and suddenly, I heard somebody walking and sitting down next to me and at the corner of my eye, I saw Javi.
"How is she?" I asked as I kept looking at the sun.
"Doctor said she'll be fine and she should get back on her feet in about 3 weeks or so." Javi said. I nodded and sighed again.
"That's good." I said

I think Javi noticed that there was something wrong so he tapped my shoulder making me look at him.
"You really care about her, don't you?" He asked.
"Ofcourse I do... she's my mom." I said.
"Not Kate." He said. My mouh shut up the moment I've realised that he was referring to Clem.

"Yes... I do." I said as I hung my head.
"I'll come with you tomorrow." He said making me snap my head to him.
"What?" I asked.
"You don't think I Don't know what you're gonna try to do tomorrow, right?" He asked.
"Knowing you, you'd never stop trying til you get what you want. And I know how much you want Clem to be here right now... So as your uncle and your friend, I wanna be there for you in case anything goes down." He said as my face lit up and I hug him.
"Thanks Javi." I said as I pulled away from the hug.

"Do you mind if I ask you about you and Clem?" He asked.
"Well... I care about her, I love her and I'd do anything for her... but I don't know if she feels the same thing as I do." I said as I looked down.
"Clementine is... well... she isn't a showy girl. She doesn't show that much emotion but.... that doesn't mean she doesn't have one. Every time I look at her, its like she's holding back something." Javi said.
"Holding back what?" I asked as he shrugged.
"I don't know... I just feel like... she likes you and your practically a part of her..." He said.
"Heh. Well, she's a part of me... and right now, I feel like a piece of me is missing." I said as he rubbed my back.
"You'll see her... I promise you that." He said.
"Please Javi... don't make promises you can't keep." I said.
"I promised you this because I know I'll keep it" He said making me smile.