vii

zabdiel was quite shocked at first, honestly i surprised myself as well, but he quickly kissed me back. he wrapped his arms around my waist, my hands were resting on his cheeks that were still slightly wet. after a while we pulled away to catch our breath.

"god, i truly don't deserve you." he muttered before pulling me back in for another kiss. i smiled against his lips, his hands moving to grip my hips. we pulled away once again, but this time we were interrupted by my very special best friend that i will kill if he doesn't stop interrupting me and zabdiel.

"i take it that you two are all good again. i must tell your mother then, she was getting pretty worried about you two. hey cora, stop glaring at me— oh that must be my cue to leave then. alright see you later, cor." sebastian winked at us and left us alone once again.

"oh my god. my mom and sebastian gossiping about us. what a nightmare."

we both laughed, then he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me to him. "now, where were we?" i rolled my eyes and before i had time to react he was kissing me again.

it's not like i'm complaining at all, after all i have been waiting ages for this. i could get used to this.

~  ♡  ~

after that day everything went perfectly fine for us. it's april, which means that my birthday is coming up in less than a week and it's been three months since zabdiel and i have been engaged.

zabdiel and i's relationship has only been getting stronger, he visits me every couple of days and we've been catching up on the years that we barely spoke. sebastian has learned to accept him again, he has even been hanging out with us sometimes.

my mother has insisted on doing a ball for my birthday, although i've told her countless times that i'm turning twenty two which isn't as important as turning sixteen, eighteen, or twenty one. i know that she just likes to find excuses to host a ball. but what mother says, goes. so here i am with sebastian, deciding what my dress should look like. he insisted not to let zabdiel know since "it's bad luck to see the birthday girl in her dress before her birthday" as he said. i'm pretty sure that only goes for weddings, but anything to make my best friend happy. zabdiel himself said not to show him my dress, almost like sebastian had told him the same thing he said to me.

one thing i have found strange is that zabdiel hasn't kissed me again. he even seems shy to kiss my forehead or cheek, which is very rare compared to the confident, cocky zabdiel i was used to. it does seem like he wants to take things slow, like real relationships. even though we started off with the engagement part.

"what colour do you want the dress?" sebastian asked me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

i thought about it for a moment before speaking up, "i want it to be pink. not a soft pink, a fuchsia pink. not too dark, not too bright."

"any other specifications?" he laughed and i rolled my eyes.

"actually yes, i want it to have diamonds."

"pink and diamonds, didn't you have a birthday dress like that?" he asked.

i nodded, taking a sip of my glass of water. "my sixth birthday, the day i met zabdiel."

sebastian smirked at me. "so that's why you want it like that."

"just keep taking notes seb, i want the dressmaker to know exactly what i want."

"i don't get why are you getting started on your dress just now. there's only a week left until your birthday."

"i was too lazy, okay? i had honestly forgotten about my birthday until mother reminded me of the ball a couple days ago." i sighed, dropping my face in my hands. "this only reminds me that i should probably get started on my wedding gown."

"have you two chosen a date for the wedding yet?"

i shook my head, "honestly, zabdiel and i haven't even talked about the wedding yet. i don't even have an engagement ring, so i don't know why am i stressing myself over the wedding already."

"you probably need to get laid."

"sebastian!" i exclaimed. "shut up."

"what? you so do! you're not even twenty two yet and you're already stressing yourself over like a forty year old mother of five children and maybe two grandchildren."

"that's a little too specific?" i raised my eyebrows.

we were interrupted by a knock on the door, i tell them to come in and a servant walks in. "princess rose, prince sebastian." he bows his head respectfully. "prince zabdiel waits for you downstairs, princess."

i instantly grin and turn towards sebastian, "go ahead cor, i was about to leave anyways."

i thank sebastian and give him a quick hug before basically racing downstairs to the living room where zabdiel was standing. he bites his lip when he sees me and embraces me in a hug.

"hey, princess. one of the servants told me you were with sebastian up there, i can wait down here if you wish to spend some more time with him."

i shake my head and lean up to press a kiss to his jawline, since that's where i can reach. "he said he was going to leave soon anyways, so i can have the rest of the afternoon to be with you." he smiled and left a peck on my forehead.

"i already know what i'm giving you for your birthday." he spoke up when we were walking around the castle.

i quickly turned my head to him. "what is it?"

he smirked. "it's a surprise, babygirl." he placed his arm over my shoulders, pulling me to him.

i groaned, "are you serious? you can't just tell me you know what to give me and then just say it's a damn surprise!"

"i don't know, that seems like a personal problem to me." he shrugged, and laughed when i tried to push him away from me. "calm down princess, i'm messing with you."

a comfortable silence falls upon us. i love moments like these; none of us is saying a word, but we don't really need to. this exact moment, us walking in circles around the castle hand in hand, is like the type of moments i would like to just keep somewhere where i could just replay them forever.