xxxv

i walked beside christopher, our arms were linked as we walked into a castle that was hosting a ball we had been invited to. he instantly took this chance to make me go out and socialize again.

he unlinked our arms and kissed the back of my hand. he left me alone almost as soon as we walked in. he didn't say where he was going and i didn't bother ask either.

i saw familiar faces, people that mother always invited to our balls, but i didn't see zabdiel nor sebastian around. i sighed and grabbed a glass of wine as soon as i found one. i gulped it down and grabbed another one before i continued to walk around. but then someone pushed me from behind. the glass slipped from my grasp and fell a couple inches away from me. i gasped and jumped away from the wine, i couldn't let it stain my dress.

a servant came quickly to pick the broken glass up and another one cleaned the wine.

a guy, probably younger than me, came up to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "are you alright, princess rose? i'm so sorry."

he seemed very worried. i offered him a warm smile to calm him down. "i'm fine, thank you. don't you worry about me."

"are you sure? i could—" my laugh cut him off. he just looked so cute, and i was sure he would start to ramble if i didn't stop him.

"i'm sure. but how do you know my name?"

it was his turn to laugh. "you're christopher's girl, how can i not know your name?"

christopher's girl?

"speaking of him," he said. "where is he?"

come up with a lie, quick before he realizes you're thinking it too much. "he went to the restroom. he must be getting back soon."

he nodded. "i'm prince joel of aldrant, by the way. i assume that christopher didn't tell you about me."

he certainly did not. "it's nice to meet you."

he took my hand and kept eye contact with me as he kissed it. his lips lingered there for a moment before pulling away and letting my hand drop to my side. "the pleasure is all mine."

he disappeared into the crowd afterwards, leaving me alone once again. i made my way back to get another glass of wine, i was definitely going to drink tonight.

i jumped slightly when i felt an arm around me, but quickly realized it was christopher.

"you scared me." i giggled. i turned my head to kiss his cheek. "where were you? i missed you." i pouted.

he smiled and kissed my pout. "i saw you talking to joel."

"someone bumped into me, i'm not quite sure if it was him, and i dropped my glass. he was making sure i was okay."

christopher frowned. i kissed all over his face and he raised his eyebrows. "i leave you alone for no more than ten minutes and your breath already smells like wine?"

i scoffed. "it tastes pretty damn great. besides, this is only my third glass."

he pressed his lips together. "seems like i'll have to carry you by the time the night ends."

i pretended to be offended. "are you saying that i'm going to drink recklessly? i would never." i smirked. "besides, i want to remember what happens tonight."

i left a peck on his jawline and grabbed his hand to pull him to dance. he pulled me back towards him and kissed me. i almost fell back by the force of the kiss, but he had his arms around me. he wasted no time in slipping his tongue into my mouth. i held back a laugh at his desperate moves. when i felt his hands leave my waist, i pulled away.

"we're in public, you idiot." i hit his chest. "let's dance, i like this song."

he whined. "but—"

i shushed him and placed my finger over his lips. "keep whining and you won't get any tonight."

he scoffed instead. i was about to pull my finger away when he opened his mouth and licked it.

"ew!" i exclaimed, wiping it on his clothes.

"we literally make out, exchange saliva, but you can't handle me licking your finger?" he laughed.

i stepped closer to him. his laughter faded out when he felt my hand land on his thigh and trail upwards. i smiled innocently. i slipped my fingers inside his pants. i looked around to make sure no one was looking at us, although my dress should be shielding my hand from wandering eyes. he widened his eyes when i slipped my hand completely into his pants.

"wha–what are you doing?" he bit his lip.

"oh, me?" i smirked. "just grabbing what's mine."

his darkened eyes switched between looking at my face and my hand. i left one more kiss on his lips before taking my hand out of his pants. i stepped away from him, as if i had done nothing.

"come on, i don't come to these balls to stand around doing nothing."

he stared at me. i motioned him to follow me, but he remained motionless.

"the restroom will have to do." he mumbled before taking my hand and pulling me towards what i assumed were the restrooms.

i smirked. i got him right where i wanted him.

christopher stopped abruptly, almost making me crash into his back. i walked around him to find joel in front of him.

"chris, where are you off to in such a hurry? i haven't seen you in a while." he turned to me with a smile. "princess! so nice to see you again. i hope you two are having a good time."

if looks could kill joel would be at least a hundred feet under. i wrapped my arm around christopher, hoping that he would at least stop glaring at joel.

"we are, thanks for asking." i smiled back. "we were just about to get some fresh air. i bet your garden is breathtakingly beautiful."

"i think the only breathtakingly beautiful one here is yourself, rose."

my eyes widened when those words left joel. i held onto christopher to make sure he wouldn't cause a scene.

"thank you, prince joel." i said with a nervous laugh. "if you excuse us, we'll be on our way."

christopher practically pulled me away from him. when we finally got outside i saw his chest rising and falling rather quickly. his cheeks felt warm when i placed my hands over them. he looked at me and his eyes instantly softened up.

his lips wasted no time in finding mine. he pressed me up against the wall and i felt his hands gripping my waist.

"joel can stare all he wants, but i'm the only one who can make you feel like this."

before i had a chance to ask him what he meant, his hands creeped up the skirt of my dress. i gasped when i felt one of his hands pull my underwear down. part of me was afraid of someone catching us, but i instantly forgot about it when i felt christopher's mouth on me. i bit my lip to prevent myself from moaning out loud. i rested my back on the wall behind me and snuck my hand down to pull at his hair. he hummed against me and i almost came right then and there.

his tongue made me let out a loud moan as soon as it made contact with my skin. i closed my eyes. he pulled away for a moment to kiss my inner thighs, but my whines made him turn his attention back to my centre.

i bucked my hips, but he held them firmly as he continued his attack. soon i was on the verge of my orgasm. my legs twitched, if he hadn't been holding me i would have fallen.

but in one quick moment christopher pulled away from me and let my dress fall to the floor. i stared at him, still shocked that he didn't let me finish. he smirked at me, his lips looking red as ever, and coated with my wetness.

"you fucking—"

he cut me off by kissing me and i wrapped my arms around his neck. i could faintly taste myself in him. once again, he pulled away completely from me, leaving me to hold onto the wall because i didn't quite trust my legs yet.

"i love you too." he winked and walked back inside.