xxiv

it has been a month since i last saw christopher. my mother wouldn't let me out of the castle, although that was nothing new, she never let me go out, so i couldn't go to his castle. i even tried to get sebastian to talk to him, but he always came back with an apologetic look on his face.

i don't know where does our relationship stand. are we still engaged? was this his way of breaking up with me? i had no idea.

who's it going to be?

his question had me going sleepless this past month. i truly had no answer for it.

"no offense, but you're making me sad just by looking at you."

i snorted at sebastian's sincerity. "thank you. i try my best."

"you have to get out of these four walls, babe."

i shook my head. there was no way he could make me get out of here if it wasn't to go to christopher. i sat up, suddenly realizing something. i turned to sebastian with an evil smile.

he immediately returned my smile. "i have no idea what you're planning, but i'm in."

this is why he was my best friend.

i explained him my plan, which was actually pretty well thought for me to have just pulled it out of my sleeve in two seconds.

my mother had some business to do with zabdiel's parents. she would leave tomorrow morning and return in the afternoon of the next day. we could take this opportunity to sneak out, find christopher, and try to talk to him.

sebastian made sure to have everything ready at his place, i would tell my mother that i was going to spend the day with him so i wouldn't be alone. it was a long voyage, so we had to leave early to be able to come back early.

everything was set, all i had to do was tell my mother.

"come in, dear." mother said.

i walked into her room and a sudden feeling of nostalgia washed over me.

"put me down, daddy!" i giggled and kicked my legs in the air as he raised me high in the sky.

"alright coraline, let's get you in the tub, your mother will kill both of us if she sees you covered in mud."

i nodded, running to the bathroom as soon as he put me down. i heard his laugh follow me. he walked in and saw me trying to get my dress off.

"no, i can do it! i'm a big girl now!" i grunted as i failed to even move the dress off my skin.

my father stepped into the bathroom and took my dress off. i got into the tub and washed the dirt away. after i got cleaned up and dressed, he took me back to his bedroom and i began to jump in the bed.

"i wanna sleep with you and momma tonight!"

"your wish is my command, princess coraline." he bowed as my mother walked in.

"rose, stop jumping around. you're a lady, for god's sake."

i pouted and sat down on the bed. "sorry, mom."

"why aren't you in your room dear, it's late. you need to get your beauty sleep." my mother picked me up.

my pout was replaced by a frown. "daddy said i could sleep here."

"nonsense, you are more than old enough to sleep."

"i just turned five." i said proudly, holding up five fingers. "i'm a big girl now."

"exactly, so off to your bed you go."

i turned to my father, expecting him to save me. much to my relief, he did. "let her sleep with us tonight, darling. she told me earlier she was feeling ill."

my mother pressed her lips together, not fully convinced of my father's words. i pouted, hoping she would say yes.

"fine." she finally said. "but only for tonight, don't get used to it."

"rose? what are you doing here?" my mother snapped her fingers in front of my face. i blinked a couple of times, coming back to reality.

"i'm sorry, i was just..." i trailed off, but she knew exactly what i meant.

"i miss him too, my dear." she kissed my cheek and walked to her bed. "whatever you need to say, make it quick. i need to get up earlier than i expected tomorrow." she was laying down on her bed by now and was dozing off.

"i just wanted to tell you that i may spend the day tomorrow with sebastian. you know, to not feel alone and everything." her soft hum told me to continue. "i'll go over to his place though, i haven't seen his parents in so long." lies, i saw them three weeks ago at a ball they hosted. "i'll let you sleep now. i know you got a long day ahead tomorrow. goodnight, mother!"

she didn't reply so i just slipped out of the door with a sigh. at least that was out of the way. it also went better than i expected.

yo guys, how are you all doing?
so i've been thinking and i want to write a chapter in either christopher or zabdiel's pov.
i wanted you guys to tell me which one would you prefer!