xlii

i'm going to try something new. the first part of the chapter is in rose's pov, continuation of the last chapter, then the next part will be in zabdiel's pov with a bit of a time skip, then the final part will be back to rose's pov. i struggled for months to write this chapter only, i'm sorry it's such shitty quality. i felt like i owe you guys at least finishing it.
which is why i decided to put an end to the story, there's nothing left to tell about rose's story anymore. the next chapter will be the last one, then an epilogue.
i hope you enjoyed this while it lasted!

i furrowed my eyebrows. christopher chuckled, "i was going to talk to her later about that."

she nodded, her gaze moving to the floor.

after a couple of minutes of alexander faking his concern for me, they said they had to leave if they wanted to get home early, but christopher insisted he would stay with me until i was better.

i made him lay down with me on the bed, cuddling with him would surely make me feel better.

"i'm gonna go ahead and say you didn't know you were pregnant, did you?" i turned my head towards him, but he kept talking. "the doctor said your body was so weak, you could've lost the baby." he looked down. "i could've lost you both."

my face fell. my intention was never to hurt christopher.

"i–i..." i stuttered. "i'm sorry."

he held my face, "i know." he smiled.

i looked down at my stomach. i was pregnant again, another chance to be a mother. i smiled.

"i have a strong feeling that it's a girl."

i looked up. "a girl, again?" he smiled sheepishly and nodded. "well, i think it's a boy."

he raised his eyebrows and i frowned. "it's definitely a girl. she will be like a mini you."

i laughed. "the world isn't ready for a mini me."

he laughed along and kissed my forehead. i closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder.

"i love you." he whispered.

i smiled, i finally felt like i was getting my happy ending.

"i love you, too."

zabdiel's pov

vianney watched me carefully, like she had been for the past couple of weeks. i was getting fed up with it. i didn't need her to watch me like a little kid.

i slammed my cup of tea down on the counter as she sipped hers. "is there something on my face?" she looked at me and tilted her head to the side. i sighed exasperated. "you've been staring at me for god knows how long. what's wrong?"

she put her cup down and pressed her lips together. "i don't know how to tell you."

i scoffed. "if it has anything to do with rose, save it. i don't wanna know."

she looked down and took a deep breath. "she's getting married."

"i know that already."

"no." she murmured as she slid a piece of paper over to me. "she's getting married. as in, tomorrow."

i felt all the air escape my lungs, like i took a punch to the gut. i looked down at the invitation. she had the nerve to invite me to her wedding. i knew she would invite vianney, they became close in the little time they spent together, but me?

"i'm going with sebastian." she said and stood up. "let me know if you're going or not."

i stood up as well and made my way up to my room. i slammed the door shut and pressed my back against it. i couldn't go to a wedding and watch the love of my life get married to someone else. i just can't.

rose's pov

"i can't wait until tomorrow." christopher murmured against my lips. "to finally make you my wife."

i smiled and turned my head away. "you have to go. it's getting dark."

instead of listening to me, he kept leaving kisses all over my neck and shoulder. i giggled, his lips felt ticklish on my skin.

"i'm serious, baby." i murmured as i held his face. "i have to get up early as hell so my mother and her friends can use me as their personal canvas. it's going to be such a long day."

he pouted, which i responded by groaning. he kept giving me puppy eyes. if it was by me, we wouldn't be doing any sleeping tonight, but he had to go now. if he didn't... i wouldn't be responsible for my actions.

"i love you." he finally stood up and held his hand out to help me up. "go get your beauty sleep, babe. although you're already gorgeous."

i would never find out how he came up with these cute phrases and make me blush like a teenager. it's definitely the hormones, yes that's probably it.

"i'll see you tomorrow, my love." i kissed him one last time before he headed out the door. "i'll be the one in white." i winked, and he laughed before blowing me a kiss and leaving.

i sighed and dropped my body on my bed. i looked down at the slight baby bump that was beginning to form. i smiled, "hey baby." i bit my lip, not quite knowing what to say. "mommy and daddy are getting married tomorrow, are you excited?" i didn't expect them to magically respond, so i kept talking. "well, i am. and we can't wait to finally hold you in our arms. you're going to be such a blessing for the whole kingdom."

silence filled the room once again, and my eyelids were getting heavier. i blinked a couple of times, before i realized i couldn't fight with sleep anymore.

"goodnight, baby." i murmured as i let the sleep slowly consume me. "i love you."