Chapter 9: Too Many Damn Air Manipulaters

"Strap in for launch!" Megan says as she hops into, what I assume is the pilot's seat. From the ground, five red chairs appear in a circle around the ship's walls. The ship itself gives off an electric blue aura.

From the corner of my eye, I see Rob sit down and I follow suit. Immideatly, black belts appear and form an 'X' along our chests, for seatbelts. I giggle at the feeling of the belts wrapping around me.

"Woah!" Robin says as Wally also sits down. 

"Cool!" Wally says.

Kaldur and Superboy also sit down, but in the front seats while Wally, Rob and I are sitting around Megan.

"Red Tornado, please open the bay doors." The Martian girls says, and automatically the door begin to part. Suddenly, the plane takes of and we're flying around the harbour in no time.

"Incredible." Rob mutters.

"She sure is." Wally says, causing everyone to look at him. "The...Plane I mean, who like all ships are called 'she'."

"Fast with his feet, not so much with his mouth." Robin smirks, causing me to laugh.

"Dude!" Wally groans, but Robin's attention is once again lost to the view.

"Is this what flying feels like Lina? It's so different in here then in the bat-plane." Rob asks and I smile at the young boys curiosity.

"Sort of. I find it a little easier in here since I don't have to keep the constant like to the air currents around me." I say, smiling. "Although I have to say, having the wind in your face and the feeling of total freedom is a lot nicer then planes."

I look to Miss M, "I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about." Megan smiles and nods enthusiastically. "I have to say, I'm relieved the league has picked another female protege."

"I'm...Glad you feel that way." Megan says, smiling at me. I smile back at her.

After a moment, I see Kaldur lean in towards Superboy and start muttering something. I didn't hear much, but what I did hear consisted of 'over-reacting' and 'sorry'. I also see Wally and Megan start a conversation, but sensing that it was not for public consumption I turn my attention to the view.

"You guys know he has super hearing, right?" Robin asked, and suddenly the plane filed with awkward silence.

"Um..." I hum, trying to think of something to end the awkwardness. "Hey, Megan. Why don't you show us some shape-shifting?"

She smiled at me before standing. Her transformation started with her feet, and made its way up her body until standing there was a female Robin.

Next, she did a little spin until she had turned into a feminine Kid Flash.

By the time she was finished, I was panting from laughing so hard and if not for the seat belts, I would have been on the floor.

By the time I had calmed down, I was wiping tears from my eyes.

"Okay..." I said, still panting. "That was awesome."

"Mimicking boys is a lot harder..." Megan blushed.

"Hey!" I said, throwing my hands in the air. "I'm not complaining."

"And...Your clothes?" Kaldur asked.

"Their organic." Megan said. "Like the ship. They respond to my mental commands."

"As long as their the only ones..." Superboy said in a pouting voice, making me want to roll my eyes.

"Can you do that ghosting-through-walls thing that Martian Manhunter does?" Wally asked.

"Density shifting?" Megan asked. "No, it's a very advanced technique."