Chapter 20: Beliefs

I panicked as I ran around the apartment, looking around and under everything.

"You lose something?" Leo asked, walking into the living room from the kitchen with a bowl of cereal. It was fairly early for a weekend, and the team was meeting at the cave in ten, so Leo and I were the only ones awake.

"My copy of 'Catcher on the Rye', I can't find it." I said, still looking around.

"You mean this?" Leo asked and I spun around to see him holding my book in one hand. I sighed in relief as I walked over and took it, pulling a hand through my hair.

"Thanks Leo, this is my signed copy and I think I would have cried if I had lost it..." I muttered, holding the book to my chest.

"Only you would cry over a book. You heading out?" Leo asked.

"Soon, yes. Will you be alright by yourself until Papa and Calvin wake up?" I asked my slightly younger brother.

"I'll be fine. I'll just stay in my room and play games." He said and I smiled, ruffling his hair.

"Okay, call me if you need me." I said, heading for the door.

"Oh ya, that reminds me." Leo suddenly said, cutting me off. "A guy came the other day while you were out, he was looking for you. Quinton... Marlin?"

I was surprised as I furrowed my brow. "Quinton Martin. We go to school together and he works at the dance studio."

"Ya, well he told me to give you this." Leo said, handing me a slip of paper with a phone number on it. My eyes widened. "Are you two dating or something?"

"No, we barely know each other." I said, sliding the paper into my book nonetheless. "But it's fine. See you later, love you."

I kissed Leo on the head before running out of the apartment.
***

The team's meet-up quickly turned into a sparring match when Robin had to leave to go on a mission with Batman.

Superboy and Kaldur were fighting (which was actually quite amusing to watch) as Wally stood off to one side and Megan, Artemis and I stood off to the other. My book was open in my hands, but my eyes didn't stay on it very long before taking long intervals to admire the match between the two most physically strong members of the team.

But Artemis quickly redirected my attention.

"Kaldur's...nice, don't you think?" Artemis asked Megan. "Handsome, commanding...You should totally ask him out."

"He's like a big brother to me, not to mention I still think there's still something between him and Lina." Megan said, and lowered my book and sent her a look. "But do you know who would make the cutest couple?"

Both Artemis and I watched Megan, waiting for her to answer her own question.

"You and Wally." We all looked over to see Wally who was feasting on a borrito and making some less-than-attractive noises. Both Artemis and I cringed. "You're so full of passion and he's so full of..."

Megan hesitated, coming up blank.

"It?" Artemis guessed and we all burst into laughter.

"Why the analysis of the guys?" I asked the two younger girls. "Just wondering, I don't mean to intrude." They in turn paused and looked at each other before answering.

"Superboy."

Oh...

I looked at the teenage clone and did a quick mental analysis.