Chapter 51: Best Friends Forever

"Wait, so you're going to be in Atlantis for your birthday?" I asked, playing with my hair as I sat on my bed, cellphone in hand.

"I apologize Darling, but my king really wants me there for the birth of his son." He apologized for the fifth time. I bit mt lip, but smiled.

"It's alright, it's just for another week: and then we'll celebrate it. The team was hoping to throw another party, but they'll understand." I shrugged.

I liked Kaldur's loyalty to his home and king. Of course every part of Kaldur is loyal and brave, but it was nice to see it in action.

And I sound like a girl from a romcom...

"Besides, it's not like this is your only birthday! We can celebrate it on time next year, and the year after that, etc." I said and for a second, Kaldur was silent: making me confused before he spoke again.

"A team party does sound nice..." He said. "Although I believe I'd appreciate some alone time with you more."

I blushed and let out a high-pitched squeal at his comment, half wanting to swim to Atlantis and kiss him, and half wanting me to dig my head into a hole.

"I have to admit, it's nice to hear you say something like that: insinuating that you want this-our relationship-to continue on for a long amount of time." Kaldur said and I felt my face heat up.

"Kaldur!" I squeal, hiding my face even though he can't see it. I hear him laugh and eventually, I join it. "So how is Atlantis?" I asked.

"It's Atlantis. Beautiful and for the most part, peaceful." He hummed happily. "I wish you were here with me to see it."

I blushed again and bit my lip. "I wish I was too...I've told you I've wanted to go to Atlantis right?"

"Only a few hundred times." He joked and I rolled my eyes, but blushed more nonetheless. "Lina?"

"Yes Kaldur?" I asked.

"Do you think...it's alright if you don't want to...But, would you think it would be alright if I told my parents about you-about us?"

I blushed more and bit my lip, trying to contain my joy. "Of course Kaldur, I'd love that. Why would you even think I didn't want you too?"

"I don't know...I just thought I would ask." He said, and I could picture him blushing.

"Then all I would have to do is find a way to meet them! But we'll figure something out." I smiled.

"Indeed." He said happily. "I fear I just take my leave, I shall call you again soon Darling, alright?"

"Alright, I'm seeing Roy today so I'll tell him you say hello."

"Lovely. Goodbye Darling." He said.

"Goodbye." I said, and I hung up. I grinned happily before hugging my cellphone into my chest and laughing crazily.

He wants to tell his parents about us! And Damnit he know calling me darling sends my heart into madness!

After giggling like a schoolgirl for a good five minutes, I got up and went to change into my costume. I opened my phone again, calling Roy.

"Hey Shorty." Roy said.

"Hey Roy, where are you?" I asked.

"Um...At home, why?" He asked.

"I'm coming to see you, we need to talk." I said.

"Lina I swear if you pull a Dinah-""You get no say in the matter Roy." I state. "We're talking."

And with that, I hung up and got changed.
***

I knocked on the window of Roy's nicer apartment. This one actually had rooms, plumbing, a kitchen, and furniture. He considered this one his home, as opposed to his weapon stashes.

Roy came over and opened the window. He looked tired, and had a five o'clock shadow, but otherwise he looked fine.

"Hey Roy." I said, floating over and encircling Roy in a hug. He hugged back for a moment before pulling back.

"Dinah's already pulled the shrink thing with me." He said.

"Well I'm not a shrink like Dinah." I said. "First of all, about what you said on the Watchtower-"

"I'm hunting down Speedy!" He cut it and I raised my hands in innocence.

"Hey, that's fine; I respect that." I said before lowering my hands. "I just don't want you to know that you are a real Roy, just because you're a clone doesn't change that. And don't blame yourself for everything: it's thebad guy's fault, not yours."

Roy sighed and looked at me. "Thanks Lin'." He said and I smiled, hugging him again.

"Also, maybe shower and shave? You stink and just because GA has a goatee doesn't mean you get to grow one." I joked, rubbing my thumb against the scruff on his face. Roy chuckled and patted my head.

"You went back to Cadmus, right?" I asked and Roy's smile faltered.

"Yeah, you heard about Guardian actually being a clone too?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well...At least you two have something to bond over now..." I said, trying I lighten the situation and Roy laughed.

"Alright Shorty, it's getting late. " He said.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Ya, you're right...Oh, by the way: Kaldur says hi."

Roy chuckled. "How is it going between you two? I'd ask if he's been treating you right but it's Kaldur: I'm not worried."

"It's...Actually really nice." I blushed, biting my lip. "He's in Atlantis because Aquaman and Queen Mera's baby is being born this week...Meaning he'll miss his birthday...but ya, all good."

"See? I've been calling it for a year now!" He chuckled, ruffling my hair. "Although I'll still punch him if he hurts you, even though I doubt he will."

I rolled my eyes and slugged his arm playfully. "Don't punch my boyfriend Roy!"

Roy chuckled and nodded. "Okay, seriously: go home. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Alright. Love ya!" I said, hugging him once more before flying out the window and to the Zeta-tube.

I hope y'all are prepared for maximum Seabreeze fluff! Cause there's gonna be a lot of it in these next chapters