Chapter 16: Spinning Trucks and Robots

The team had split in half: Kaldur, Megan, and Wally in the first half and Rob, Superboy, and I in the second. We rode behind the trucks on really cool motorcycles.

So far, there had been a fair amount of radio silence; especially with Superboy's pouting mood. But of course, the Boy Wonder decided to put a stop to that.

"Is dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right."

"Aster's actually a plant native to Eurasia, it's very beautiful actually...But I guess I can see what you're saying." I said.

"Superboy, clearly you're not feeling the aster." Rob stated. "What's wrong?"

"Canary." SB grunted. "I mean, what business does she have teaching combat skills to a guy with super strength?"

"That's her job." I said. "In what we do, we all need to learn that you're not always the strongest combatant in the battle, but that doesn't mean you never stop trying."

"Canary learned that the hard way." Rob agreed. "And so did Batman and, well, us."

Not liking our answers, Superboy revved his engine before speeding up. Rob and I look at each other.

Before anyone could say anything however, a bunch of-get this-FLYING ROBOTIC MONKEYS come flying from the bushes and onto the truck.

"Zephyr, Robin, Superboy: our truck is under attack!" Kaldur said through the com.

"Kinda figured." Rob replied sarcastically.

I put my bike on autopilot before flying up, catching two of the weird monkey things (like seriously, they were scary) and smashed them into the truck as I landed.

"I HATE MONKEYS!" Superboy growled distantly as I fought off as many of the evil mini robots as I could.

"Robot monkeys." I heard Rob say. "Totally Ivo's tweak style."

Suddenly, I noticed some of the monkeys were burning holes into the bus (yup, they had laser eyes) and I panicked, but was still busy fighting off as many monkeys as I could.

When the hole was completed however, I flung myself away from the monkeys and into the hole that the monkeys had made, into the inside of the truck. I instantly saw the armed guards that had been placed in the truck thrown out, as some of the other monkeys grabbed the parts. I tried to grab them, and almost succeeded when suddenly, the truck fell over and I went flying.

As the bus began to do summersaults, I tried my best to keep my head from hitting the walls, curling into a ball and tucking my head between my body and my legs.

When the bus finally stopped, I felt myself skid across the rough metal of the truck and my arm burned from the contact.

Dizzily, I leaned against the side as I pushed myself up from the ground: trying to stabilize myself. There was a full ringing in my ears that made me want to rip them off, and I bit the inside of my cheeks: trying to calm my senses down.

"Zephyr... ZEPHYR! Lina!" I heard Rob screaming and I sliced through the air, putting all my force into one blow that was strong enough to rip off the side of the truck that I had been leaning on.

"I'm okay...Just a little-" I paused, feeling my stomach lurch "-dizzy..."

Rob ran over to me and pulled me into a human crutch carry.

"Moving into a moving truck that's under attack by evil robot monkeys while said truck has no driver...Not one of my smartest ideas." I say hazily as my stomache lurches again, fortunately the ringing in my ears had stopped.