Chapter 25: Homefront

Okay, so this episode WASN'T easy to write. Mostly because I try my hardest to not make Lina a Mary-Sue (if you're getting some Mary-Sue vibes please tell me!!!!) so there was a bit of a problem because I knew it wasn't going to be easy to write her as a captive. But at the same time, it would be pretty Mary-Sue-esk if I didn't make her get caught in the robot's attack because THIS CHAPTER IS ABOUT THE NON-POWERED HEROES AND HOW YOU DONT NEED POWERS TO BE A KICK-ASS SUPERHERO WHICH IS SOMETHING MOST OC WRITERS TEND TO IGNORE (flips table). At least I got some Kaldina (thanks for the suggested ship names guys) fluff in!

So, ya, this is the result. Also, I'm hoping that this is the only chapter where I'll use the original title name. I like using more creativity than just using the episode's original name but honestly, I came up with nada.

So without further ado: here we go.

I was reading in the living room of the cave, lost in the story that unfolded before me. Most say it's childish to reread Harry Potter when you're almost 17, but I say to hell with it: nothing's gonna keep me from not shipping Harry and Ginny and fawning over Remus Lupin.

Suddenly however, I sensed a presence behind me and I looked back to see Kaldur walked over.

"Hello Kaldur." I smiled.

"Hello Lina." He nodded. "Where is everyone?"

I looked at the empty seats around me.

"Hanger I think...Megan and Conner left a while ago and Wally went to go check on them." I said, but then thought for a moment, swinging my legs off the coach and fully turning to Kaldur. "Is it just me, or are Megan and Conner have been spending a lot of time alone lately?"

"I do believe something happened between them during their undercover mission in Belle Reve." He explained, a knowing look in his eyes.

My eyes widened and I smiled grandly, hopping onto the balls of my feet in excitement. "You don't think..?"

Kaldur shrugged, but smiled and I made a squealing sound: spinning and levitating slightly in happiness.

"I knew they liked each other!"

Kaldur chuckled as I settled down, landing beside him.

"Should we go check on them?" I asked.

"I was more thinking along the lines of ensuring Wally was still alive." Kaldur muttered and I giggled.

"Fair enough." I said, and we made our way out of the living room.

As we walked into the hanger, we were met by Wally laying behind Conner's bike and Megan passing him tools as Conner stood aside; glaring at Wally.

"Hello!" I said, floating over to join my youngers.

"I've been meaning to ask." Kaldur said, in a tone that stuck me as off, but I shrugged it off. "Have any of you been having difficulties juggling your schoolwork with your responsibilities here?"

"Nope." Conner grunted.

"I've been doing fine." I said, smiling.

"Juggling's just one of my many talents." Wally said smoothly. "Socket wrench."

Megan flew the tool to Wally using her powers before answering the open question. "Daily cheerleading practice has presented a challenge, but my first priorities are always to the team. This team I mean, not the Bumblebees."

I think you're possibly the nicest cheerleader I've ever met

"Artemis starts school today." Kaldur mentions. "Do you think she will have trouble maintaining her loyalties."