Chapter 18: Team Bonding Time

(I'm sick and decided to have some fun with this episode and show some character dynamics)

Remember that beach day I mentioned a while ago?

Well it's finally happening!

Something I don't think I have mentioned is that the cave, and all of Happy Harbour is built on beach country. So when I say the team's having a beach day: I mean we're just going into what was practically the cave's backyard.

And come on, how awesome is that?!

"Hello Megan!" Megan exclaimed as she ran ahead of all of us, holding her beach supplies under her arm as she soaked up the sun's warm rays. I have to admit: she looked like a model in her yellow bikini, and she looked even better with her 'sunshine and rainbows' aura.

She certainly looked a lot more confident then I did, even if my white and pink one-piece, added with my long hair which was let free today, covered more skin.

"First, a moment of silence for our...absent comrade." Rob said, bowing his head.

"Poor Wally..." I muttered.

That's right Ladies and Gentlemen, our very own Wally West was at school in the middle of August and had to miss out on our lovely beach day.

"Well, no use wasting away worrying: let's do this!" Megan said joyfully as she dropped her stuff in the sand and threw herself into the water; making us all laugh.

"Shouldn't we set up camp or-" I was cut off as Superboy suddenly picked me up by the hips, and I blushed at the contact. "SUPERBOY!"

Suddenly, I find myself flying through the air before hitting the water.

I am able to unattractivly sputter my way to the surface. Shoving my mass amounts of thick, wet hair out of my face.

"Was that really necessary?" I ask, throwing sour looks at Superboy, who shrugged with the faintest hints of a smile. Rob, Megan and Kaldur were all silently laughing at my misfortune, which made me blush.

"Okay, I see how it is!"

I use my powers to pick Superboy off the ground, catching him off guard before throwing him out deeper into the water with a grunt.

He was heavy...

When he reached the surface; he whipped his head around, tossing his now wet hair from his face. He was laughing, and we all joined in.
***

We spent a long while in the water. Megan, Conner and Rob had started a water fight and originally Kaldur had also taken part, but eventually he backed out and joined me on the sidelines, while I floated in the center of an inflatable donut.

"Lost interest?" I asked.

"I was at an unfair advantage." He reasoned. "My power over hydrokinesis, added with my heightened strength and gills: I would be able to win without much effort."

"Leave it to you to back out of a winning fight." I joked in a way I wouldn't often do unless I was with someone close to me.

A moment of silence hovered over us as we watched our teammates play, before Kaldur spoke again.

"I was thinking about something, and I was wondering if you could help me." He said.

"I'll try my best." I said. "What is it?"

"What is France like?" He asked, catching me off guard.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"I have just been...thinking." He said. "I haven't seen much of the surface world, and your home country is one of the many places I have failed to visit."