Chapter 29: Little Shop Of Horrors

Salty Lina is very salty, and fun to write. Also props of you get the title-reference.

You'd never know it just by looking at it: but it was a completely fair match.

Strength, levelheadedness, and power vs. Agility, experience, and knowledge.

Kaldur and Robin were perfectly matched. That's why it ended in a tie.

I applauded as the two boys shook hands.

"Great job you two!" I said, walking over to them. Suddenly, the sounds of more foot steps were heard coming into the meeting/training room and we all turned to see Megan and Conner walking side-by-side with Sphere beside them.

"You know they're a couple right?" Robin says.

"Of course!" I say, smiling and spinning: having one of my fangirl moments.

"I believe I knew before they did." Kaldur agreed.

Suddenly however, Artemis and Wally walked in.

"Should we tell them?" Robin asked, and I understood what he was saying. It was no secret that Wally had feelings for Megan, anyone could see that, and from Artemis' first mission: it was clear that she at least felt attracted to Superboy.

"It is not our place." Kaldur said.

Our conversation came to a close as Wally and Artemis walked up to us.

"So if Zatara's our 'babysitter' for the week, why is he still here?" Wally asked, motioning to Captain Marvel, who was snacking on a chocolate bar while standing beside our supervisor of the week: the sorcerer, Zatara. "And why is he eating all my snacks."

Before Wally could get an answer, my least favorite league member (that's right, you guessed it: Batman) came storming in.

I had half the heart to start humming The Imperial March.

"Computer: National News." Batman barked.

Hello to you too Batman. We're doing fine, how about you?

A holographic screen popped up with Cat Grant reporting in front of a city that was being attacked by...Giant green plants?

You know what? I'm not even surprised at this point.

"The initial attack was short lived but Metropolis was only granted a short reprieve, and despite the intervention of Superman and the Justice League: there seems to be no end in sight."

"Should we get out there?" Robin asked.

"No, the league will soon have the situation under control. That's not why I'm here." Batman said. "According to your Intel, Sportsmaster supplied the Cadmus Blockbuster formula to Kobra."

"Who combined it with Bane's Venom to create Kobra Venom." Wally added.

"Which the Brain used to create his army." Robin said.

"And upgrade Wolf." Superboy added, patting the white wolf he had brought home from India.

"The Brain also used inhibitor collars." I said.

"Like the ones used in Belle Reve penitentiary." Megan added.

"Batman, is it possible that this...Plant-thingy is on Kobra-venom too?" Artemis asked.

"I had Green Lantern run a spot analysis." Batman explained. "There were trace of Kobra Venom."

"These cannot be coincidences." Kaldur said, and Robin pulled up his holo-computer. "Unrelated criminals working together world-wide?"