Chapter 50: New Love

Let's start off with a fluffy mini-chapter, shall we?

As the doorbell rang, I sprang up to answer it: my brothers being out and my Papa being in his room.

When I answered the door to see a woman in her late thirties standing there. She had silver hair pulled back into a loose bun, was tall and slender, and wore a floral blouse with a long flowing skirt.

"Hello, may I help you?" I asked.

"Hello, you must be Lina!" The woman said, her voice had a Wales accent. "I'm Fiona, I'm looking for your dad."

I raised a suspicious eyebrow before nodding. "Papa! Someone here to see you!" I yelled.

And on que, my dad cane stumbling into the hallway; tripping over his own feet in the way. "Fiona! Hello! I'm sorry, I lost track of time. Please, come in."

Fiona smiled and nodded, stepping into the apartment. "It's lovely to meet you Lina, your dad talks about you and your brothers all the time."

Really? Cause he's never mentioned you...

"Lina, this is a friend of mine: Fiona Sheffield. She works at the bookstore around the block." Dad introduced, his tone obviously nervous.

"It's nice to meet you, I really like your store." I said, raising my hand for her to shake.

"I believe I've seen you there before." Fiona nodded. "Your dad's never shown me a picture, so I had no idea he was your father."

"Lina, sweetheart, can I talk to you for a moment? It will only be a second" Dad said and I nodded, walking into the living room.

"Darling, I just want you to know-""I don't mind you dating again Dad." I said, wanting to intervene before he started rambling.

"Y-you don't?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I'm happy you're finally working to move on from Mom, you deserve to be happy. And on the upside, if you do well with Fiona: discount at the bookstore." I smiled. "And no offense Papa, but I fight super villains...You dating is the least of my worries."

Papa smiled happily and placed a kiss on my forehead before walking back to the door. "I'll be back in a few hours, leave a note if you're heading out!"

"Have fun!" I exclaimed.

***

"So your father is open to loving again after your mother's passing?" Kaldur asked as we sat together, watching Artemis and Superboy spar.

"Ya, but for some reason he thought I wouldn't like it." I said, laughing at the idea. "Which is weird seeing as I'm the only one in my family that's fully excepted Mom's death."

"He was worried for his only daughter's well-being." Kaldur hummed, smiling at me. "From what I've heard, he does that a lot."

I blushed and pulled a strand of hair behind my ear. "Sorry, I ramble a lot when I talk about my family..."

"It is fine Darling, I just hope I get to meet them some day."

I felt my face burn even more; but whether it was from him saying he hoped to meet my family, or him calling me 'dear' I didn't know.

"I'm sorry, do you not like being called Darling?" He asked, concerned but I shook my head, cheeks still warm.

"N-no...I'm blushing because I like it." I admitted, and I place my hand on his. He chuckled and lifted the hand up, kissing it lightly and making me swoon.

"Then it is done." He said, lips against my hand.

"Okay Lina, you're up." Artemis called, coming over as she helped Superboy to his feet.

I nodded, squeezed Kaldur's hand gently, and ran to the middle of the circle.

"Don't expect me to go easy on you because you're my best friend." Artemis smirked.

"Wouldn't have it any other way." I replied smoothly, crouching down in my fighting stance.