Chapter 56: Atlantis Part 2

This is a long-ass chapter and I'm not sorry.

The first few moments under the water were...Intense. Like you know that feeling when you're about to go on a really cool rollar coaster and you're super excited about it but also kind of scared, and your body keeps going back and forth between the two?

Well that is what I was feeling.

I touched the magic bubble that was placed against my face, covering my nose and mouth; the only thing that made it so I could breathe, and the Atlantean clothes I wore that kept.my body from crumpling from the pressure of the ocean. Another swarm of butterflies entered my stomache and I took a deep breath to reassure myself.

All my worries didn't go away however, until Kaldur's hand slipped into mine and our fingers interlocked.

"Are you alright?" He whispered into my hair and I smiled and nodded.

"This is just...Amazing." I muttered, squeezing his hand gently and he chuckled quietly.

"Kaldur'ahm, Angelina." I heard he familiar voice of Aquaman and I turned to see him swimming towards us. It was almost strange hearing Kaldur's and my full names, and I was surprised that someone calling me by my first name didn't bother me as much as it used to.

"Greeting my king." Kaldur said, putting his arm in a salute and I bowed slightly, not knowing what else to do.

"It's nice to see you again King Orin." I said.

"The same to you." He nodded.

I then saw Queen Mera swimming over to us, a bundle I assumed was the Prince in her arms.

"Angelina, I don't believe you've met my wife, Mera. My love, this is Angelina; also known as Zephyr on the surface world." The king introduced.

Okay Lina! Kaldur didn't teach you Atlantean for nothing!

"It's an honor to meet you Queen Mera. I've heard a lot about you, and I must say you're work, and loyalty to your kingdom is quite inspiring." I said, smiling and hoping I pulled it off.

"Thank you Angelina, I must say it's nice to meet you as well. Kaldur speaks often and highly of you." In my peripheral vision I swear I saw Kaldur blush and I smiled happily. Ecstatic that Kaldur talked about me in a positive light.

"Is this the young Prince?" I asked, motioning to the bundle in the Queen's arms.

"Yes, Arthur Jr." The queen said and she moved her arms to show me the infant, who at the sight of me babbled happily, which made me smile and blush. "He likes you."

"He's certainly quite adorable." I said swimming slightly closer to the baby, who held out it's hands to me and I laughed.

"My king, my queen. If you two would would excuse us..." Kaldur said, saluting and bowing his head.

"Of course Kaldur'ahm." Orin said with a nod and I looked to Queen Mera who smiled at me.

"Do come to dinner sometime before you leave, I'd love to hear more about you." She said and I mentally fangirled.

"It would be an honor." I said, bowing my head again before swimming away with Kaldur.

"Queen Mera liked me! Am I dreaming? Did I speak right?" I whisper-shouted to my boyfriend, who in turn laughed at my behavior.

"You were perfect, as you always are." He said, reaching for my hand and pressing a light kiss to it. "And of course the queen liked you, you're easy to like."