Chapter 52: Date Night

Pure fluff ahead

I sat on my bed, doing some after-school studies when I heard the doorbell ring.

This confused me as Papa was with Fiona, Calvin was at work, and Leo was with a friend. I was alone, nor was I expecting anyone.

Nevertheless, I answered the door anyways.

"Hello may I-" My voice stopped when I saw who was at the door. "Kaldur!"

I fly forward, engulfing my boyfriend in a hug. He was dressed in civilian clothes and wore a smile on his face, but his normal beachy smell was even stronger then usual and I took comfort in having him here with me.

"You said you weren't going to be back until tomorrow evening." I said, pulling back and looking at him.

"Everything was normal so I left early." He said, lifting the hand that wasn't on my waist to my cheek as he cupped my cheek. "I missed you."

I laughed and found myself blushing. "We were only apart a week...You couldn't have missed me that much..."

"You'd be surprised." He said, kissing me gently.

"Okay maybe I missed you too..." I muttered, smiling like a child that was being given candy. "Still, you surprised me."

"That was my intention." He grinned. "Are you busy tonight?"

"Not at all, I was just studying." I said, smiling even more. "Why do you ask?"

"I was wondering if you would give me the honor of showing me around your home town." He said very charmingly and I felt myself swoon.

"...let me grab my jacket." I smiled.

***

I lead him around a few blocks, pointing out certain places before we made it to the main town. The whole time we were holding hands and just chatting which made me all warm and tingly even with the cold February weather.

"This is where all the really great restaurants are." I said. "We can grab something to eat if you want."

"Eating sounds lovely." He said and I lead us to a cozy café. "This place has the best cakes that I have ever tasted."

"You are the expert." He smiled and we ran in, taking comfort in the warmth.

"Ah, warmth!" I sighed happily before I walked over and sat at a two-person table, Kaldur following close behind.

I was about to ask Kaldur how the Atlantis was when I heard someone call my name. I turned, looking for the owner of the voice and saw Quinn walking over.

"Quinn, hello!" I said, smiling up at my friend, before motioning to Kaldur and going back English. "This is my boyfriend, Kaldur, he doesn't speak French."

"Ah, an Anglophone." Quinn says before extending his hand to Kaldur, who took it and the two shook hands. "Nice too meet you, I'm Quinn. I'm school-friends with Lina."

"It's nice to meet you." Kaldur nodded and the two dropped hands before Quinn turned to me.

"Boyfriend, huh? When'd that happen?" Quinn asked and I blushed.

"New Years." I confessed, sending a smile to Kaldur, who returned it.

"New Year's, very romantic. Congratulations." Quinn said. "I'm glad you found someone that makes you happy Lina."

I blushed, something about his tone reminding me about the dance. I simply shrugged and nodded. "Thanks Quinn."

"Well I'll leave you two to your evening. It was nice meeting you Kaldur." Quinn said before walking away.

"He seems...Interesting." Kaldur said, something in his tone sounded off.

"Quinn and I met during the summer. He's one of the 'popular' guys at school and really helped with the few people that would bully me occasionally." I shrugged. "We're not really close, but we're friends."

"The way he looks at you shows more then that..." Kaldur mutters and I furrow my brows. When Kaldur sees this, he averts his eyes. "My apologies, that was wrong to say."

"Kaldur..." I mutter. "To be completely honest: Quinn and I went out a while ago, but I broke it off because I honestly didn't feel anything romatically for him."

I see Kaldur's jaw clench and unclench as he looked at the table. I reached over and touched his hand, lightly tracing his fingers with my own.

"You don't have to worry Kaldur." I promised. "You are the only one I have ever felt this way with before, and I don't see that changing anytime soon."

After a moment, Kaldur relaxed and looked me in the eyes with an awkward smile.

"My apologies." Kaldur said. "I let my jealousy get the best of me."

I smiled and lifted his hand up, kissing it lightly. "Don't worry. I'd be lying if I said I'd never been jealous before, especially when it comes to you."

A larger, more confident smile tugged at Kaldur's lips before he moved his fingers to intertwine with mine. It was different, seeing how Kaldur had webbed fingers, but it brought a goofy smile to my face nontheless​.

"Thank you for being honest with me." He said, stoking my thumb with his own and making me giggle.

"No problem." I said, before finally pulling out the menus. "So, can we actually eat now?