Chapter 55: Atlantis Part 1

Okay we're back to Seabreeze

Five months later

It was a moderately slow, but nice day: good weather for my classes running smoothly, Quinn actually getting my tea order right (blueberry with a dash of cinnamon and a bit of whipped cream, I have a sweet tooth okay?), and actually being able to pay my rent.

Maia was with her family tonight and, although I had grown accustomed to wearing my com at all times (claiming it was a hearing aid when people asked) I hadn't received any information about being needed at the cave. From the looks of things, I was going to actually be able to have the night to myself.

Of course, that changed the moment there was a knock at my door. I had recently gotten out of the shower, but had a pair of workout shorts and an old t-shirt under my over-sized hoodie. Not finding anything wrong with my attire, I opened the door.

"Good evening darling." The smooth voice of my boyfriend said as he smiled at me, and although we'd been dating for just under two years now: I blushed at the romance.

"Hello my love." I said, opening the door more so that Kaldur could step in. Before he did however, he pulled me in by the waist and placed a kiss on my lips. Smiling into the affection, I returned the gesture but was taken back as I felt my body curve slightly due to being gently pushed. The motion made me gasp, and just as I did I sensed the semi-familiar feeling of Kaldur's tongue gently sliding beyond my lips. I felt my face heat up at the notion but didn't push away, welcoming the affection with open arms (or in this case, lips).

We continued our brief French kiss for a long moment, Kaldur and I floating in out own little world, before we both pulled away due to needing oxygen. But we continued to be in each other's grasp; me with one hand on his shoulder and the other skimming into his blonde hair, and him with a hand on my hip and at the small of my back.

"That was pleasently unexpected." I murmured, looking into his eyes.

"I've missed you, we haven't had much time to ourselves as of late." He said.

"Sorry, that's on me." I shrugged and we slowly began to untangle ourselves.

"You have been busy." He said nonchalantly. "It's not very often you take on a mentor. But I have been busy with the team, so you are not alone in the blame."

"You're too sweet." I said, pecking his lips gently before walking into my living area. "Although I do wish you'd called ahead, I wasn't expecting anyone."

"It was meant to be a surprise." He said, sitting down next to me. "As was this."

He pulled out a neatly wrapped box and handed it to me. My eyes widened in surprise and I blushed as I placed the box on my lap.

"My birthday's not for another two months, and our anniversary was five months ago...What did you get me this for?" I asked, taken back by the sudden gift.

"I'm afraid I couldn't wait for your birthday." He said, a large grin forming on his face. "Please, open it."

I looked down at the neat blue and white wrapping and felt that it's beauty almost made me not want to open it. However, my curiosity at away at that impulse and I began to gently unwrap the package, putting it neatly to the side. In the packaging was a box, which I opened excitedly to uncover fabric. Even more confused, I picked up the fabric to uncover that it was actually an outfit of sorts: a long-sleeved shirt with a hood and leggings with feet. The fabric was unusual, but I could recognize it's texture anywhere.

"Is this..?"

"Atlantean material, yes." Kaldur nodded, his grin widening. Suddenly, my eyes widened to the size of saucers and I whirled around to fully-face my boyfriend.

"Are you implying what I think you're implying?" I asked, my gaze hard on him. He simply smiled and nodded and I swear I felt my heart skip a beat as I attacked Kaldur in a tackle-hug which ended up leading us into being sprawled out on the floor in each other's embrace.

"How on Earth did you..."

"I talked to Queen Mera." Kaldur said, smiling from underneath me as I laid on his chest, my expression filled with excitement. "She found a spell that would enable a surface-worlder to go to Atlantis unharmed as long as they are accompanied by an Atlantean."

I let out a sharp squeal before hugging Kaldur again.

"You have no idea how happy this makes me." I laugh, tears of happiness threatening to spill from my eyes. "I can see Atlantis, see where you grew up, meet Queen Mera and-slightly more worrying but also more exciting-your parents!"

Kaldur chuckled, bringing me into a kiss which I eagerly reciprocated. As the kiss continued, I slowly calm down although my smile never went away even as we pulled apart.

"I love you Kaldur." I said, reaching my hand up and skimming my hand through his blonde hair. He smiled lovingly and lifted his hand to cup my face.

"I love you too Lina." He said, gently pressing light kisses to my face. "I love you more then anyone could ever comprehend."

This chapter was so much fun to write...

I'm going to try to get the next chapter up tonight but no promises.