Chapter 32: Locating With the New Girl

I flipped over Superboy as he charged at me, using the arm that wasn't in a cast to spin my body around in order to deliver a kick to the clone's back: knocking him too the ground.

I grinned at my victory: spinning around and laughing.

"I emerge victorious!" I cry. "I have defeated Superboy! I am the strongest being the universe has ever known!"

I hear Conner chuckle as he gets up.

"That's because we're not using our powers." He says, swatting his hands together. I pause in my victory spinning to ponder before shrugging and continuing.

"Great job guys." Dinah, our weekly 'den mother' says. "In fact, it's been a very productive week."

"Ya, for everyone except Kid Malinger-er." Artemis smirked, glancing at Wally.

"Hey! Arm broken in chat against the Injustice League!" Wally says and I cock an eyebrow.

"Um, Wally..." I say, pointing to my hand, which was covered in a plastic cast similar to his.

Dinah laughs before looking at all of us. "I've really enjoyed being your...Den mother...This past week."

Before anyone could answer: the Zeta-tube came to life.

"Recognized: Zatara 1-1"

The sorcerer walked in and pulled up a holo-screen and began typing in something.

"Access Granted: Zatanna Zatara A03. Authorization: Zatara 1-1"

Suddenly, a petite girl walked out of the Zeta-tube. She was about the same age as Robin, had long raven hair, and wore a school uniform type of outfit. She held a shy demeanor and a small smile.

"Zatanna, this is the team. Team, my daughter: Zatanna." Zatara introduced.

Megan flew over to do introductions. "Hey, I'm-""Robin!"

Suddenly, Batman's protege ran in front of Megan: cutting her off.

"I mean...I'm Robin, she's Megan. That's...Wally, Artemis, Kaldur, Lina, and Conner." Robin clarified.

I waved and smiled at the girl as she looked over all of us.

"Welcome to the cave." Kaldur said kindly.

"Uh...Thanks..." Zatanna said awkwardly.

"So....You joining the team?" Robin asked excitedly. I smiled, finding his young-teen flirting adorable.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves!" Zatara said urgently. "This is strictly a visit. Though...I am sorry we missed the training: it is something Zatanna would benefit greatly from."

Suddenly, I felt a link go up.

"Anyone feel like we're still on 'prohibition' with Zatara?" Megan asked.

"Not just him, why's Marvel still around?" Conner asked.

"Hey, he's not so bad." I said, finding that over the last couple weeks that I'd grown fond of Marvel's...uniqueness.

"Ya! We like having him around." Wally said.

"You like having him around because he waits on you hand and foot." Artemis said.

"And your point is..?" Wally asked rhetorically.

"It almost makes one nostalgic for Red Tornado's term here as our supervisor." Kaldur said and I felt my spine tense at the mention of my mentor's name.