Chapter 6

I feel the sunlight kiss my skin. Turning my eye leads a shade of gold. A dream fades and I come to my senses.

I slowly open my eyes and blink a couple times.

"Rose, get down here." I here my mom call from downstairs. I groan and bury my face in the pillow to get few more minutes of sleep.

The second I shut my eyes, yesterday's events start playing in my head. It's morning now though and I am awake, so it must be a dream after all.

"Rose, come down now" mom yells from downstairs, and just like that my sleep is gone. My eyes pop open and I sit up straight in bed as if someone dumped a bucket of cold water on me.

It was a dream...but what if it was not?

"Shit" I curse and throw the blanket off me to head for the door. In my groggy state and hurry I bang my little toe on the drawer. "Ow!" I moan as I get out of my room.

I rush down the stairs and head for the kitchen. Worried that she found him.

"I swear it is not what it looks like...I can explain-" I cut myself short when I see her with the fridge door open and an apple in hand. An angel thankfully no where in sight.

"Explain what exactly. It is pretty clear that you didn't save pizza for me." She chides, picking out the juice carton.

I breath a sigh of relief.
"Right.. Umm..yeah I got really hungry last night, sorry." I say and give her an innocent smile.

"Awww...its okay love I'll just grab something along the way" she cooed, before adding," but you will have to eat bitter guard and broccoli latter, a promise is a promise." She winked.

I make a gagging sound at that and fill a glass with water.

"So you going back huh?" I ask coyly.

"Yes, okay then I better get going. Don't be late for school." She says putting down the juice carton, she gives me a kiss before leaving.

I wait for her to drive away and then make my way to the basement.

I pull the door open and go down the stairs. light pours through the glass slits from the left side of the wall, letting me see properly.

I see a figure slumped down on the floor near the couch.

It was not a dream. All of it was real. He is real.

I slowly go near him. I see a slight drool on the carpet and his hair is completely messed up. A small laugh escapes me seeing his state. He looks so peaceful and young.

I kneel down and gently shake him. "Arakh wake up it's morning. Arakh." I say softly.

He opens his eyes slowly and blinks. "Good morning angel" I giggle.

In one blink his wings appear out of thin air and he tackles me down.

I gasp as I fall on my back. My breath leaving me. Arakh is on top of me, with his wings encircling us. He stares down at me. Both of us breathing heavily. I feel blood rush to my face and my heart starts racing.

"What...umm what are you doing?" I breath out.

He blinks a couple of times before getting off of me. I sit up and take deep breaths. Feeling hot all of sudden.

"I...apologize, I didn't mean to scare you...I just-" he stops explaining and shakes his head.

"Yeah..no umm..I guess I just spooked you..its cool I get up like that too sometimes." I give a nervous laugh and get on my feet.