Chapter 26

ʚ|ɞ  

I don't know if my bedroom window was open or not but somehow Arakh managed to fly us inside my dark room.

He immediately let go of me, stepping away to create space between us. Standing close enough for me to make out his form, and yet far enough for me to not be able to see his eyes. To know through them what he is feeling.

"Arakh please understand..I" I begin to start explaining myself but get cut off, when my bedroom lights are suddenly switched on.

Both of us turn our heads together to find Sara sitting on my bed, covered in chocolates and chips wrappers. 

She slowly sits up straight and then starts getting on her knees, while pointing a shaky finger hesitantly as us.

"Sara...what are you doing here?" I ask slowly, taking a tentative step forward. Almost afraid of spooking her.

She already looks shaken up, with her practically bulging out of her sockets eyes and her hitching breath.

"You..you..just..holly fuck! ROSE YOU FUCKING CAME OUT OF NOWHERE! OUT OF THIN AIR AND OH MY GOD WHY DOES THIS GUY HAVE WINGS? HE HAS WINGS ! AND THEY ARE GLOWING! HIS WINGS ARE GLOWING!!! WHAT THE FUCK! WHY ARE THEY GLOWING! OH MY GOD!!!" she screams at us, backing away further into the bed.

I try to reach for her. To get her to calm down but before I can reassure her she picks up the bottle of coke from the bedside table and chucks it at Arakh.

It bounces off his head, falling down on the floor, spilling coke all over my rug. 

Great ! who is gonna clean that now? Lucifer ! 

Sighing I watch Arakh as he watches her with a confused and slightly irritated look. Arakh then for some reason chooses that moment to hide his wings. A loud gasp leaves Sara's mouth. I look back at her and see her eyes go even wider than before.

I turn an accusing eye at Arakh, glaring at him.

"Nice job Arakh!" I say.

"HIS WINGS FUCKING DISAPPEARED!" Sara screams again. This time instead of creeping to the furthest corner of the bed she decides to take off. In her panic state she doesn't pay attention to her surroundings and ends up running straight into the closed door. Passing out.

I sigh and cover my face.

This is going to be tougher than facing Lucifer.

_________.●._________

"What the hell is she doing here?" Leo asks, in part irritation and part bewilderment.

Sara doesn't give either me or Arakh time to answer as she smacks Leo hard across the jaw.

"SARA!" I gasp and cover my mouth.

"You know what that's for" she jabs an accusing finger at Leo and then walks back to stand near me. I give her a confused and shocked look. She shrugs it off though while Leo rubs his jaw, seeming for once to be out of words. I feel Arakh's silent chuckle vibrate through me as he laughs. I jab my elbow in his sides, hinting him to shut up.

I had genuinely thought Sara will have a melt down if she found out about all this angel stuff, which is why I had done some pretty stressful contemplating-while she was passed out- on whether or not I should let Arakh wipe her memory and just play it off.