Chapter 16

ʚ¡ɞ

Staring blankly at the school hall in front of me I let my mind wonder back to the long conversation with Rezekiel and forget about the surrounding chatter that is constant in the school hallways.

"Okay so say what you had to say" I fall back down on the floor and rest my back against the dirty wall behind. Settling in as I already know this is gonna be a long night. There are millions, trillions of questions running in my head but I force myself to have patients as I know that I would end up in a tangled mess if I tried to grapple with all of them at once.

The Angel standing before me starts pacing back and forth while shooting me suspicious look. Expecting me to take off, now that my bond is removed. I look at him and a bubble of laughter starts brewing in my stomach. Till now it hadn't even occurred to me. I have now officially met three angels when, I am an atheists. A maniacal laugh leaves my lips. This realization streams yet another millions or more questions in my head but one regarding my own existence and beliefs. Rezekiel now looks at me like I have completely lost my mind; little does he know that it is true.

"How did you find Arakhiel?" He asks in a calm voice. I frown at his question. What could finding Arakh have anything to do with the point of kidnapping me to talk.

Arakh, I wonder if he knows I am here. Or is he just busy doing whatever he does. I so wish things hadn't changed so much. That I could still believe in him but all this nights that he vanishes and never giving me any answer just adds as suspicious behavior, making me question his motives. Maybe he did steal the sword, maybe he is dangerous maybe he is good and maybe he is not.

I shake my head to clear it and concentrate on the Angel waiting for me to answer.

One bird at a time Rose. One bird.

"I saw him fall" I reply after collecting myself. Even though I say it like it is an obvious answer the hint of ever present doubt can easily be detected in my voice and the same resembles on his face. The frown on his face makes him appear a bit older and his eyes look at me with an intensity that I can physically feel through me. His eyes searching mine, looking at me and beyond me, like he is trying to figure out a puzzle.