chapter 18

LEO'S POV

The whole ride she has been mute. All the efforts to console her and promises to make Arakh pay for what he did went in vain. For the most part she just sat and watched the road pass by with her head resting on the window and tears streaming down her face until she finally got tired and fell asleep.

Her head is now resting on my shoulder and her hand is clutching my jacket. I wheel my car to make a left turn. She could not be at home in this condition and I need to find answers before either Arakh or Rezekiel make a move. She has Grace in her blood that much is confirmed but still what is tugging at my brain right now is the fact that throughout our history a Nephilim or someone with Nephilim blood has never been a bad sign and never ever a reason for death. I need to get to the bottom of this but I aslo needed to get her to safety, where no one can reach her and I can only think of one such place.

I dig out my phone and call Sara knowing she will do anything for Rose without asking much questions.
She picks up after the second ring.

"If this a booty call I am not in the mood Leo-" she starts but I cut her off.

"It is about Rose so shut up and listen to me. If her parents or brother calls tell them that she is with you" I order her.

"Why?" She asks.

"Because I said so. Just handle it for tonight" I order her cutting the call and her chances of asking more questions.

I park the car in the driveway of a motel and reach over to wake her up but then decide against it. I might understand that she is hurting but I can't deal with her crying right now. I walk towards the passenger side and pick Rose up in my arms to carry her to the room I have been using as a passageway.

Once inside I gently lay her on the bed and place my hand on her forehead, it won't last for long but I still felt like it would be better for the time being, till I find out some answers. I close my eyes and try to fade the memory of the events and replace it with another ones. Making her forget about the death. Now the only thing she might remember is talking with her grandma, gathering information and then leaving the place. Gently removing my hand I take out my dagger and cut my hand to draw blood. I make a circle on the floor with my blood before picking her up back in my arms and stepping inside the circle. Hell, my realm the only place that can keep her safe and away from all that might be after her right now.

•●°●• •●°●• •●°●•

ROSE'S POV

The temperature of my room was a little cold, waking me up. With my eyes still close I throw my hands around to find a blanket, to warm me up so that I can go back to sleep and forget about the nightmare I was having. I struggle to find the blanket and my now concise mind makes me remember my Grandma's death, pouring the hunting memory like an ice cold water over me. Jarring me up to gulp fresh air and acknowledge the reality. I try keeping my eyes closed afraid to wake up but my traitorous eyes give up and flutter open anyway. The nightmare fadding away untill I forget even having one. I just stay put taking deep breaths for a whole moment before my eyes and mind adjust to my surrounding and when they do they go wide by the dark yet bright exterior of the room. A vivid shade of orange light comes of from the floor even though the tile-less plain floor was covered in onyx stone. Even the bed I was laying on was black and made out of different materials. It felt like I was laying across clouds or the softest of soft feathers. The headrest had an elaborate and intricate design on it which again was far different then any I had seen. I let my eyes travel across the room to take in this weird place I was in, while my brain contemplated the idea of me still dreaming. That thought though flies out of the window when my eyes land on a magnificent view on the far right hand side. The cold room now makes sense and I know what my current location is. I am in Hell and if I am correct in Leo's room.