Chapter 12

ʚ¡ɞ

I am leaning on a bare concrete wall in an abandoned wearhouse waiting for Leo. I feel fatigue from lack of sleep. I spend the whole night stressing over questions I knew I won't get answers of any time soon. I might have asked Arakh a thousand times to tell me something, anything but it was like talking to a wall. He refused to say anything. To further increase my tension, last night I got a call from Mick to inform me that he is going to come home this week.

Micky has anger management issues and he is always bickering with dad; a habit he picked up from his rebellious teen years. I still remember the Christmas from when I was 12 years old. The last time I ever saw him and dad get along. Over the years the differences between Micky and Dad have only gotten worse. Now that he knows about the divorce due to Dad's affair, I am afraid of how he will react. I don't think I have enough strength in me to handle family drama alongside this supernatural plot that I have somehow landed myself in.

A note to self Rose...next time MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

Frustrated I look at Arakh pacing back and forth. It's a good thing he is wearing a shirt, or else it would have been really awkward in front of Leo.

God Leo!

I run my hands through my hair. I knew it in my gut the first day I met Leo in school that something was off about him; it really was more than just a cheesy line.

I look back in Arakh's direction. Our eyes meet for a fraction of a second and then he is back to pacing back and forth, ignoring me. I recall our small conversation this morning. When I had asked him where he found a new shirt of his size. To think that he bought it from the money he won from online poker because that is what he did to pass his time in the basement. I thought the only thing angles could play was a harp. I so need a guide on Angel 101 because apparently the Bible and other holy books have got it so wrong.

A black Maclaren comes to a stop outside besides my car, which looks like a baby in front of his elegant sports car. Leo gets out of it wearing his usual black clothes and black leather jacket.

Arakh finally stops pacing and looks in his direction with a flicker of recognition pass over his features. Leo spreads him arms out, "it's been so long...19 centuries if I am correct since I last saw you? Arakhiel." He says his name in a different way like in an ancient accent or something and despite my situation I can't help but admire how sexy it sounds.
"Leorakh?" Arakh looks surprised seeing Leo and I feel my eyes bulge out.

No way!

"Why so shocked?" both are standing face to face and seem to be having a stare off. Something tells me there's a lot of history between them and its not all sunshine.

I place my hands on my hips, irritated for being ignored while at the same time feeling agitated to get some answers.
"I hate to spoil your reunion but one of you needs to start talking now or I swear to your God freaking Grace ass I will start ripping your limbs apart" I sound like something Sara would say but only because I feel so angry that my crazy is about to come lose.

Both turn to look at me as if just realizing my presence. "Right so first thing first I am also an angel like your eye candy pall here as you seem to already have guessed" Leo drawls out.

Arakh pulls me aside, "He can not be trusted."

"And why is that Arakhiel? I am not the one who fled heaven after murdering thousands of angels" he smirks and I suck in a breath.