chapter 28

ʚ¡ɞ

"This is unacceptable!" I say, turning around to head out of the cage doors. Arakh, quick on my feet promptly stops me in the narrow dim passage of the jail prison. 

"Whatever you are considering of doing don't," He says, snatching my hands to halt me from raging off.

“Lucifer has bolted out Hell and on the off chance that the Uigiliarum discover you they will slaughter you on sight,” he says.

“So we do nothing? We just leave Leo in this condition? He is dying Arakh!” I say, pulling my hands truant from his grasp.

“No that's not what I am saying. I am saying perhaps we shouldn't do something right this instance. Maybe we should wait-”

“Wait for what? Answers? Wake up Arakh we have been going back and forward for more than a month now and still are just as clueless as before. We have no answers and we have no one waiting to give them either” I attempt my best to keep my voice in level, for the purpose of not getting caught here by the few Demons that are on Lucifer’s side.

“So what precisely do you want to do? Storm out of here and go straight to Lucifer and demand him to tell you the truth?” he murmurs, taking a step forward to get right in my face.

I have to strain my neck to look up at him, to meet his eyes; “yeah.. possibly. It's way better than not doing anything!” I spit back at him.

“Why are you not understanding Rose...thi-” he cut himself off and begins running his hands through his hair in frustration.

“No, you are not understanding Arakh!” I raise my voice and shout at him. My voice echoes in the contract stone prisons, aggravating the quiet of the prison with my cry.

Arakh flinches at my voice but stops himself from saying anything more. I press myself gently on the dividers, utilizing it to bolster my body as I recoup from the shock of hearing the brokenness in my own voice.

"I have not been doing anything Arakh.” I whisper after a minute, “All I do is stand on the sidelines and observe and sob as everything around me gradually crumbles away. I continuously hold up for somebody to provide me answers. Answers to why my brother abhors my father, answers to why my parents are having a divorce. An answer to why you came into my life and answers to why am I in all this.”

“First you than Leo than Lucifer. I am continuously depending on somebody else to go discover answers for me but I can't…” my voice breaks a little as bile rises in my throat. With shuddering hands, I wipe the wetness from my eyes and face and gradually stand up.

I reach out and get Arakh’s hand. Clutching it with both of my hands I look back up at him.

"Leo is...he stuck by you Arakh..even..even when your heaven turned it's back on you. He protected me when he didn't have to. He has been helping us from the very start and now...We can't just stand on the sidelines and watch. I won't any longer. I am done Arakh. So please, please don't tell me to wait or stop for answers.” I let go of his hands and square my shoulders.

I point a finger at myself as I point it out to him, "my grandma died twenty-five steps away from me and I watched. You were put on trial and I even watched that but I. AM. NOT. Watching. LEO. DIE!" I say, turning my finger and jabbing him in the chest as I say the final portion slowly word by word and with assurance. To make my intentions very clear.

I say these words, not only to Arakh but to myself as well. I will not wait around any longer. I will confront Lucifer no matter what.

I see back inside the cage. Sara is still there, shell-shocked and a crying mess over Leo's bloodied body. I turn my gaze away swiftly not being able to stand the sight of the utter horror.