Chapter 24

~*~

Till now I was under the impression that I have seen all that there is to see in Hell, but obviously that is not the case, seeing as we are currently in a part of Hell I didn't even know existed until few minutes ago.

Safely secluded behind the maze and black sea island amidst the canopy of lava filled hills, stands a proud palace made entirely of the same black stones that are there in Leo's bedroom. I am still trying to figure out why was Leo staying in that abstract underground bunker style place when there is a freaking Palace here.

The place has a ghastly charm and aura to it with a cold interior inside. There is absolutely nothing in the huge palace. No furniture, or ornaments its empty with just dark and cold stones. I rub my arms as I walk behind Arakh. There isn't even any windows to let some light in. Even though, it isn't an absolutely requirement as the floor glows a bright orange even on the tiniest movement, filling up the huge blank place with a kaleidoscope of orange light that resembles the shadows thrown by a burning flame; making me wonder again if this stones really were burning on the inside.

"Over here" Arakh calls out as he waits for me to follow him through the left corner. I speed walk when I realize I am being left behind the two because I am getting distracted by stopping to stare at random things.

"This place would look so cool if its decorated or styled like the Buckingham Palace or something" I mutter and my voice echoes through the stone walls.

"It used to look enchanting, at one time. Far better than what your grand palaces could ever look like" Arakh comments, looking at the selling as if he can see something I can not before he starts walking again, letting his gaze drop.

I want to ask him what he means by that but I loose my trail of thought when we enter a hall the size of an auditorium which is made entirely out of gold, with columns and intricate designs on the walls made from the rich black stones. The most enthralling part of the hall is the massive statue of two lovers embracing each other; made of some sort of gem. It looked like diamond but is so much more than just a diamond. The stone is beaming and glowing and when I try to take a closer look, I see it twinkle like it has galaxies in it. I try to touch it Arakh stops me and we continue walking further in the hall.

I can always take a look later.

The floor is covered in the same ash like stones from Leo's room the only difference being the slightly different way they react to the movements of footsteps. Although they didn't cast same light and glow like the other palaces floor did but it still glowed a deep red color.

The beauty of this enormous hall is captivating and alluring. For some unknown reason this place is making me feel intimidating. Quietness is also something that surrounds this hall, the only thing penetrating the quite is the echo of the voices of the two angels that are standing opposite each other, quarreling.

Both determined to make the other accept their reason. I have been so busy admiring the place that I am thoroughly deft to the reason of their bickering. Wanting no part in an argument that is clearly targeting me—judging so by the active pointing at me—I walk up to the stairs leading to a blank gold wall with a raised black ash stone slab and take a seat near one of the pillars, using it to support my back.

"For the last time Arakhiel, she has to leave, I don't understand why she is here. She has no part in this" she says.

"I have already given you an answer. She is going to stay here its you who should leave. Your purpose is fulfilled" he argues.

Like a tennis match the two keep going at it for fifteen minutes straight but I soon tune them out for my own sanity.

It has been a crazy ride, right from when Leo suddenly burst into my rooms demanding to resurrect one of the first angels like one demands to get pizza on a Sunday night; to after that when in middle of the argument on why resurrecting angels is a bad idea; Arakh abruptly without giving any reason or warning flies away to God knows where letting Leo cease that as an opportunity to take me back to hell with him saying my presence is very important only to leave me on the gates of this giant palace to wait for either him or Arakh.