Chapter 7

Sara comes and opens the locker next to mine. I give her a peculiar look.

Sara and I have been friends since third grade, but we act less like bffs and more like a married couple on the brink of divorce, always fighting. There is literally nothing in common between us.

Sara as always was rocking her boho chic look with her printed blouse over a long white skirt. She had her hair tied back with a scarf. The peculiar part however is the huge black sunglasses that she is wearing.

"Good morning sunshine, is it a little bright for you today?" I taunt her. Instead of answering me, she pops a chewing gum in her mouth.

I snatch the sunglasses off her, "you look like an idiot in these" I say throwing them in her locker and shutting the door.

I turn around to see a bunch of girls snickering about something as they rush towards the washroom.

"I have a headache bitch and my eyes can't handle the sunlight." Sara retorts but makes no move to retrieve the glasses.

"Awww, then maybe you should stop hanging out with that drunk neighbor of yours." I reply in a sweet voice to which she makes a face.

"Shut up! Andre is giving me life lessons. He is preparing me to handle college." She whines.

"Please! the only thing he is preparing you for is an early death or at the very least a damaged liver" I retort.

"Whatever bitch you are not my mom" She mutters.
"No I am your best friend who is going to end up in jail for murdering that guy, if you don't stop shitting around with him" I assert, giving her my best pissed off look.

Sara rolls her eyes and mutters, "whatever". Than grabs my hand and drags me towards the class.

As we make our way I observe everyone around me. I see all girls giggling and whispering to each other while slapping on extra makeup on their faces.

"Hey, what is going on?" I nudge Sara. "How the fuck would I know, I just got here" She snaps.

I raise my hands in surrender, "well damn woman, can't you speak nicely to me? Why am I friends with you again?" I tease her.

"Simple, because you are a moron" she states and then makes the most weird face and I start laughing.

"Oh lord, I thought at least you two wouldn't act like everyone else. Alas! I was wrong." Cole our schools Dan Humphrey aka gossip girl, comments as he falls in step with us.

"Hey dude, you do know we don't live in the age of Shakespeare right?" Sara retorts, but Cole just surges it off.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Why would we act like anyone? Also do you know what is going on. What is everyone talking about?" I inquire as we stop near our class.

"Oh so you guys don't know?" He questions.

"Know what monkey?" Sara asks getting a bit irritated.

"Well...we have a new guy in school and everyone is freaking out as if he is Zack freaking Efron" he says.

"Is he?" Sara asks getting a bit existed. "Is he what?" Cole inquiries with confusion.

"Zack freaking Efron?" She questions bouncing on her feet.

"No he is just some lame dude who thinks he looks cool wearing all black and leather." Cole replies in disdain. "Look at that even geeky Becky is wearing makeup. I never thought I would live to see this day" he mocks.

Sara and I share a look. Geeky Becky wearing makeup is indeed very odd. The bell soon rings and we enter the class and Cole goes off to work on the school newspaper. We take our usual seat at the very back of the class.