Sometimes It Hurts Instead (1)

(A/N-If you haven't already read the first two books to this trilogy I would advise you to add this to your library then go read them before this one because otherwise not a lot in this book will make sense. They are:
Book 1: Adele Please Show That You Want Me
Book 2: Adele Please Say That You Love Me
Thank you!)

Adele's POV

Three and a half years since that night. My last night with Simon, who is no longer mine. Don't get me wrong he delayed the divorce for me because of the stress with the baby and whole album stuff, which I'm forever grateful for. I haven't met another man, no-one can ever be like him, or better than him. The only thing keeping me going is my 3 children.

Jessica Laurie AnnaBeth Konecki.

Angelo James Konecki.

Maisie Elizabeth Rose Konecki.

Ridiculous stuff has been happening, though, like at the Grammy's I was the first artist to do the 'Tripple, Tripple', the winning of the 3 general categories 3 times. I won the most awards ever in one night with 10, like honestly, I was happy to be nominated, but 10 awards was and still is just a joke, even though I was only nominated for 8.

Song of the Year

Record of the Year

Album of the Year

Best Pop Solo Performance

Best Pop Duo Performance

Best Pop Vocal Album

Best Music Video

Best Music Film

Life Time Achievement Award

Grammy Legend Award

I took Jess to the Grammys with me because she wanted to, and why not? We had such a good time. I also had a performance and she was so proud. To no surprise I cried when I finished the song, it was the one that was just about Jess, my 3rd single.

Every time I collected an award she was so excited and was crying it was really cute. When they announced they were giving a 'Life Time Achievement Award' they projected a mashup of my whole career, I have to admit seeing the bit where they put in of me kissing Simon at the 2017 Grammys made me cry. We still hadn't went public with our split. I don't how there hadn't been rumours about it going around yet but whatever. Jess saw me getting upset and just pulled me in for a hug, that made everything so much better, she knows just what I need.

When they announced my 'Grammy Legend Award' they had a video made of a bunch of artists I admire talking about me and that also made me cry. I'm just a person who makes music about real things, about life.

After the Grammys we grabbed some McDonalds and then sat in my LA home eating ice cream watching movies.

Like I appreciate it, all the awards and stuff. Surely, though there is a point where all the accolades get too much? I didn't even do a proper tour for this album, just a bunch of shows in the UK when I could and the odd stadium in America when I was that was that side of the pond. Jess has finished Uni with a first class honors degree(BA) in economics. Simon is now helping her (and everyone else) set up the 'Debate Union' that goes and runs workshops and competitions for a whole range people from primary school pupils, university students to footballers, etc. I already have my 5th album written. It's helped me with Simon leaving but I still love him. My three children I see him in them every day, I'd be lying if I said I was over him leaving.

He was and to be honest still is the love of my life, it just hurts me he is no longer mine.

Jess's POV

Uni was really fun, it made it better having 2 of my closet friends with me. Don't get me wrong I've met so many amazing people that I will forever be friends with as well. But having something familiar was nice and comforting.

I can tell Mum and Dad still love each other. They try hide it but it's clearly saw in the light of day. Dad is still with that woman but I know he doesn't feel any connection, at the beginning it was just lust. The woman's a cheating bitch anyway, I caught her at it like a week ago, she got me to promise not to tell dad but puuffft that's not happening.

I just had to get them Mum and Dad together if it's the last thing I ever do. It kills me to see them together hiding their feeling for each other "for the best" they tell me, but is it really for the best when it's mentally killing them? I don't think so. They still love each other.

Sooo now time to set this slut up. Hahahahaha bitch, revenge is sweet. Break my family apart and don't expect consequences, hahahaha I don't think so. I never liked her anyway.

Now to call on a meeting to make a plan. I ain't gonna take risks this needs to work. In that case I'll need help. I make a new group chat. I add:

Ashlyn - she is just like the sneakiest person I know, if anyone is gonna catch out a sneaky cheater it would be her.

Cameron - he would easily find holes in the plan.

Alex - she is gooood at thinking up crazy plans that actually work.

Noah - one of the people who was on my course at uni, I had to ask him for some book like once, he also the one who was well know for sleeping around. But he's cool we talk a bit. He didn't really care what people though of him. So I know he'd help.

I named the group 'Mission Sneaky'.

*Too group*- Hey, I need your help for something big, be at mine 1pm sharp! 😬 X

*Alex* - Ahh okay, I hope you all are hungry I'm getting you all some McNuggets

*Ashlyn* - Count me in Peach! I'm always hungry for chicken nuggets Alex... 🙄

*Alex* - I know you would, out of all people 😂😂

*Cameron* - Alex get me a burger instead and I'll be there

*Noah* - Okay?? Sure???

And like that the Dream Team assembled. This is gonna be fun.

...

"Why exactly are we here Jess?" Ashlyn curiously asked.

"Well you see, we need to catch Dads slutty girlfriend out so he can get back with Mum before the divorce is finalised, no paperwork has been done yet it is just settlement discussions", I say a little too excited because of the thought Mum and Dad getting back together.

"I know my job here now, I don't really care though, this sounds fun!" Noah said laughing.

"Good, thanks so much, I really appreciate your help!" I happily express.

...

The talks about he plan went on for hours until we'd reached the perfect plan. I checked Dads work schedules to confirm every thing was perfect for tomorrow. Ooooh we had her this time. But then again, that's what you get for messing with the Konecki's. It's just not a thing you should do. Bitch.

A/N

There you go adeleskids ... 😂
This book is going to be really slowly updated in the meantime because of exams. But sill, here is the last book in this trilogy, I hope you enjoy it as much as the first two!!

-Jess xxx
💕💕