It Matters (2)

Adele's POV

Jess has had her friends around all day. There are all going before dinner because I'm finally meeting her boyfriend. Yeah I know. She met him half way through uni. I have to admit I'm not really offended it's taken her this long to get him to meet me just incase he is just with her for money or whatever. She had another boyfriend at the beginning of her time at uni, but they just fell out of love, which I found upsetting. Reminds me of Mr. 21.

I do prefer her boyfriend now, his is name is Christopher. The way she talks about him is just too cute. I'm telling you now they're getting married. I can just feel it, they're going to be sooo cute together. It reminds me of myself when I was with Simon, except I don't meet him at uni. But I still want to be with him.

Jess is just upstairs getting ready. I'm already ready. He should be here any minute. I've made lasagna for dinner, I know I make a mean lasagna. I've been told many times.

*Ding Ding*

That must be him because I hear Jess race down the stairs, I can't help but giggle how eager she is. But she looks lovely, she is in a... well this...

She opened the door revealing a man holding a bunch of white and pink tulips and a bottle of red wine and a bottle of white wine

She opened the door revealing a man holding a bunch of white and pink tulips and a bottle of red wine and a bottle of white wine. Tick. Tick. Well he didn't buy roses, Jess liked them but thought they were really cliche. Annndddd he has red and white wine, give me wine and I love you because I love wine.

"Baby, it's so good to see you!" he said to Jess pulling her into his embrace before placing a light kiss on her lips. She just smiled hugging him back and giving him a kiss on his lips. I couldn't help but smile as I reminisced about my last night with Simon. Jess then took the flowers and the red bottle of wine, he passed to her.

"Thank you Chris" Jess lovingly said whilst giggling as she pulled away before then turning to me.

"Mrs. Konecki?" he curiously asked, I just nodded. "Nice to finally meet you!" I shook his hand that he was offering.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, but please call me Adele!" I replied. He looked slightly shocked when it hit him again who I am. Jess had ran him through this like a couple of months ago. I'm flattered though at his reaction. To know that people haven't forgotten me.

"Well Adele, thank you for having me around, this is for you" he said passing the remaining bottle of wine. Does this man get any better, honestly Jess picked a gooden! WIIIINNNEEE!!!

"Thank you so much please come in, sit down at the table, dinner will be ready in 10 minutes!" I responded before heading back in the kitchen. About 5 minutes later Jess walked in alone. I looked at her a bit funny. She is literally a mind reader because almost instantly she responded.

"Yeah drinks" she said pulling 4 wine glasses on to the counter. 4?? Like I've cooked enough for 4 but... There is only three of us. Again she must have known what I was thinking because she then began talking again. "Umm Mum I hope you don't mind but I sort of invited Dad he'll be here any minute now. I didn't really want to take Chris over to his house with that bitch, if you know what I mean, I don't want him thinking our family associates ourselves with those sorts of people", she hesitantly said.

*Ding. Ding.*

I silently laughed at Simon's perfect timing. Ya know speaking of the devil...

"Yeah that's fine honey, go let him in!".

Jess's POV

I opened the door and instantly got pissed.

"Ummm.... Dad I invited you and you only I'm sorry but if she is with you your not coming in, I'm not trying to offend you Sarah but close family" I am and was trying to offend her, it's not a secret I don't like her, but she doesn't know that... Yet. She huffed at my comment I guess.

"Can I just speak to you dad quick.... ALONE."

"Umm okay?" He responds

"I don't want her here, why did you bring her?"

"She instead, she said she doesn't trust me with your Mum" I scoffed at what he told me, thinking of last week, he doesn't know yet, he will though with what my team are doing tomorrow.

"Well I'll sort her out, stay here and I'll talk to her..."

I walk a way from Dad nodding, then back towards the front door, to find her still standing there.

"Could you go home please, take the car, I'll drop him off" she instantly looked pissed walking off, huffing and puffing, probably going to a bar or something to find another hook up to cheat on Dad with. Even though I know that he doesn't have feelings for her, the ones that he has for Mum he is still faithful to her.

I walked back to Dad and confirmed her departure with him, then motioning for him to follow me. We walk back to the dining room. Chris stands up.

"Chris this is Simon my Dad", I said beaming that this is finally happening.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Simon" he said shaking my Dads hand.

"You too Chris", we all sat down just in time for Mum walking in with the 4 glasses I forgot in the process of letting Dad in.

"Jajajaja sorry Mum" I blurted out realising that I left the glasses, she just laughed .Realising we haven't got any wine or drinks I run to the wine cupboard to find some, grab a bottle of red and run back. Mum is only just walking through the other door with the first two plates. She puts them down in front of Dad and Chris.

This would be the first dinner Dad has been here for since that night he told me to take Angelo to Nan's and stay there the night.

My job might be easier than I thought to get them back together after tomorrow.