~Chapter 1~

*flashback*

The weather reflected very well as to how I felt that night. Thunder could be heard from miles away and the lightning was bright enough to light up a completely dark room. The sound of the heavy rain drowned out the shouting from the living room. In times like these, someone whom I'd like to call a brother to me would always be there to comfort me. That 'brother' is Johnny Seo. Although we may not be related, some people still mistake us to be.

The next day I woke up to silence which was unusual because normally I could hear the voices of my parents from my room. I hopped out of bed and walked around the house only to find it empty. Not a single soul was present, besides me. It seemed like my parents had left the night before, after the argument. I stood there clueless as to what was to become of me since I was all alone with no one to turn to for help. The first person that came to mind was my brother, Johnny. I stepped out of the house and walked over to Johnny's house and hesitantly rang the bell.

After waiting for a few seconds, the door opened to reveal the boy that I needed the most. I tried to hide my emotions but ended up bursting into tears. Shocked, he tried to soothe the crying 8-year-old as he picked me up and brought me inside. When eomma and appa saw me in Johnny's arms, they quickly came to my side and asked what had happened. I explained to them the events that had happened since the night before, not leaving out any details. From that day onwards, I had become part of the Seo family.

*8 YEARS LATER*

"Jessica!" I heard Johnny shout from the other room.

I ran out thinking that something had happened but instead, he shoved a piece of paper into my face. I took it from his hands and started reading it aloud. With every word I read, my eyes grew bigger. After I finished reading it, I stared at him with disbelief before engulfing him in a tight hug. He had finally received the evaluation letter from SM, one of the best entertainment agencies, stating that he had passed the auditions and would proceed on to be a trainee. I've always known how much he wanted to be an idol. I congratulated him profusely and continued to hug him.

It then came to me that I would not be able to see him as often because of his training schedule. Johnny noticed the sudden change of emotion and asked me what was wrong. I told him that I would not be able to see him that much because of his training and I would miss his presence. He assured me we would still keep in touch and we would skype whenever he got the chance to. He then pulled me into a hug to comfort me. Oh, how I would miss his hugs when he leaves.