~Chapter 40~

*1 WEEK LATER*

It has been a week since the incident with the fans happened. My injuries have completely healed thanks to Jaehyun who stayed by my side the whole time. Because of that incident, security around both NCT and I are heightened, making it hard for us to move around without any restrictions.

The boys and I were casually laying around the dorm, each one of us dying of boredom. Some were playing their games, others were sleeping. I was lying on the couch with my legs on Donghyuk's lap as he played against Taeil in Mario Kart. I scrolled through my social media feed, liking the posts of fans through a fan account that I have personally made just so I could stalk the boys' fans. I was reading and retweeting the nice comments from the fans and replying to some of them when a particular post caught my eye.

@koreabooz;

[Breaking News] NCT's Jaehyun spotted holding hands with a girl at McDonalds. Is he indeed in a secret relationship?

There was a link attached to the tweet so I clicked on it, wanting to find out what it was about. When the photo had fully loaded I was shocked to see a picture of both Jaehyun and I at McDonalds. We were there that night because the boys were hungry and craved for McDoanlds so the both of us went out to buy it for them. How did they even recognize Jaehyun? His whole face was covered you could barely tell that it was him. My eyes started to water when I read the comments.

@JungJaebutts;

Wth who does she think she is? I bet she isn't even pretty. She can go kill herself tbh.

@Ilivedinamericafor4yearsdaswhyI'mheremanzzz;

Who is this slut going around touching my man? She has to learn to get her filthy hands off of Jaehyun. Tbh he can do better.

I got up from my lying position and went to my room, avoiding the stares from the boys in the living room. I locked the door and lay in bed with my face in the pillow. I started crying my eyes out because of the comments. I hurts so much to think the the fans didn't like Jaehyun and I together. I thought that they would accept our relationship because we kept getting comments saying that we look good with each other. Never in my life would I have thought that being with the person I love would cause me to hurt this much.

Sighing, I stared at my phone screen, my vision blurred because of the tears that had formed in my eyes. Stumbling into the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror in disgust. My hair was messy and my make up was smudged. I then caught sight of a razor lying aimlessly on the sink. At this point, my whole body was numb and my mind was a total blank. I was no longer thinking straight. I reached for the razor with my trembling hands, picking it up gently as if it would break any time.

I gripped it in my hand as I slid down the wall, dismantling the razor so that I only held the blade. Everything around me was silent for once and all I could hear was the loud beating of my heart. I closed my eyes and tried to silence the voice in my head that was reciting the negative comments over and over again like a broken record. Taking a deep breath, I held the cold piece of metal against my wrist and pressed down on my skin. I was about to drag the razor across my wrist when the door suddenly burst open. The next thing I knew, that piece of metal flew out of my hands and a pair of arms engulfed me from behind.