~Chapter 43~

Jaehyun POV

I quickly grabbed my cap and walked out the door, hoping that Joohyun does not suspect anything. I knew I was acting weird but I hope that didn't give away anything. Today marks our second year together and I figured I could do something special for her since she has been doing a lot for us - be it helping around the dorm with housework and making us breakfast or things like simply giving us water after practice and reminding us to stay healthy and hydrated. I have been planning this for a week and I went through it with the boys, desperately not wanting to mess things up.

I was now heading to the convenience store down the street from our dorm to get the necessary items for later. The boys and I spent a whole week planning to make this event a memorable one, and I really want to make it as perfect as possible, especially for Joohyun. The ball rang as I opened the glass door, taking a step into the store while eyeing every item on the white shelves. I greeted the worker as I walked past the cashier, venturing further into the store, past the numerous white shelves that takes up most of the store. Teddy bears, bottles, artificial flowers, one by one I walked past items that were of no use. Finally, I stopped in front of an aisle located all the way at the end of the store. Immediately, I walked towards the shelf that contained what I needed.

I reached out to grab a handful of mason jars and small candles, not forgetting to grab some rope that was being hung neatly. I looked around, feeling like I was missing something when I realised that I had forgotten to take a basket with me at the entrance. I mentally slapped myself, telling myself to focus as I briskly walked back to the front of the store with my hands full of the supplies. I gently placed the items into a basket before picking it up and walking all the way to the same aisle again to put more mason jars and candles into the basket. After I was satisfied with the amount of jars and candles I had, I made another round throughout the whole store just in case I missed anything out.

Confident that I had everything, I walked to the cashier with my basket overflowing with the items. When I placed it on the counter, the lady gave me a weird look before grabbing one of the mason jars and scanning them. I smiled at her sheepishly since I had almost cleared out the whole shelf. I nervously eyed the cash register, hoping that the total would not be so expensive despite the numerous amount I have bought. Thankfully, the total miraculously did not go above fifty thousand won. The worker kindly packed everything into two separate plastic bags and I handed her the money before leaving the store, the sound of the bell being the last thing I heard.

It took five minutes for me to run from the store to a near-by park in that area. I quickly pulled out my phone from my pocket to check the time, only to find that I had four more hours left to set everything up. I had left a ladder by the tree the previous day so that I could use it to decorate the place. Rolling up my sleeves, I set the bags down against the bark of the tree before bringing the ladder out to start making the place as pretty as possible. I decorated the whole place with the thought of Joohyun on my mind the whole time, smiling to myself every now and then.