~Chapter 10~

Johnny's POV

Ever since Jaehyun and Jessica got back from the showers together, I've been keeping a close eye on them. While the boys were busy asking them questions, I stood at the back, watching their every move in suspicion. Ever since Jessica's parents had left her when she was little, she's been scared, and it took her a long time to recover. Now, I must never let her go through the same thing again, or I will never forgive myself for not looking after my baby sister properly.

As the boys were questioning Jaehyun and Jessica, I guess Mark sensed that something was bothering me. From the corner of my eye, I saw him leave the other boys who had formed a crowed around Jaehyun and Jessica. Slowly, he approached me and asked if any was wrong.

"Hey dude, is everything okay? You just don't seem like yourself," he asked.

I sighed and said "I don't know man. I just feel like something's going on between the two of them and I can't let them happen." Out of all the boys, I was the closest with Mark. When he was a trainee, he approached me first because I was the only other English speaking trainee, seeing as I was from Chicago. He'd come to me whenever he didn't understand or when he needed help and from there, we instantly clicked.

"Don't worry. I know Jessica had gone through a lot when she was little. But I trust Jaehyun hyung. He would take care of Jessica if there really was something between them," he told me as he placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I sometimes question Mark. Most of the time, he wouldn't know what was going on but now, he was giving me advice as if a wise old man possessed him. Yet, he has never dated anyone in his life. Instead, he get's shy and wouldn't know what to say if a girl comes up at talk to him.

I only shrugged and told him that I'd talk to Jaehyun for a while. Right then, the crowd of boys started to disperse, leaving Jaehyun and Jessica looking relieved. As Jaehyun walked towards his bag, which was conveniently placed to mine, I took this opportunity to speak to him. When he reached his bag, I started the conversation.

"Jaehyun-ah," I called. He turned to look at me with a confused and scared expression. I took a deep breath before asking "do you like my sister?" He was clearly taken aback by the question and I watched as a slight blush formed on his cheeks.

"Hyung, to be honest, I think I already like her. Although we've just met, I feel like there is something special about her that makes me feel weird," he confessed. I already saw this coming.

Sighing, I said the words that I hope I wouldn't regret. "Jaehyun-ah, I could already tell you had feelings for my sister. And I can also tell that my sister has feelings for you. But please promise me one thing; don't ever hurt her. She's been through a lot and I wouldn't hesitate to hurt you too if you do." I finally gave him the 'please take care of my sister properly' speech. He smiled and assured me that he would never hurt her and he promised that he would take good care of her.

Before he could leave, I grabbed his arm and told him "she likes going to the beach. Bring her there on your first date," I said, winking playfully at him. Seeing the flustered expression on his face, I smirked and walked away. I only heard him whisper "thank you hyung" before I proceeded to walk towards the doorway.

When I reached the doorway, I caught sight of my sister leaning against the door frame with her phone in her hand. I was about to approach her when Yuta came in between us and whispered something that made her blush. Suddenly, Taeyong's voice echoed through the room as he announced that we were finally going home. Ignoring what I witnessed between Yuta and Jessica, I walked ahead towards the van that was parked near the back entrancnce.

Being the only member who could drive, I entered the van and sat on the drivers seat, putting in the key to start the engine. I could see the boys rushing to the van, eager to get a long rest or their little alone time that we rarely ever get. I could hear about the or four boys shouting for shotgun as they started to play rock paper scissors to decide who gets the shotgun. I laughed and wonder how they still have so much energy after thirteen hours of practice.

They opened the door to the van and waited, before Winwin shouted for Jaehyun and Jessica to hurry up before getting smacked by Taeyong. I shook my head at the two as a smile formed on my face. Never would I have thought that out of all the members, she would fall for Jaehyun. I thought she's go after someone closer to her age, like Mark or Donghyuk. That reminded me that she had yet to meet the NCTU and NCT Dream members. I made a mental note to introduce her to them tomorrow on our off day.

Soon, all the boys pilled into the van. Turning to Doyoung, who had won the game of rock paper scissors earlier, he asked "do you think there's something going on between Jaehyun and Joohyun?" I simply shrugged as I glanced through the mirror to look at Jaehyun and Jessica who were sitting right at the back. I focused my gaze back onto the road as I started the engine and drove out of the driveway, back to out dorms.