~Chapter 30~

It's been a week since NCT had wrapped up their Cherrybomb promotions. They were finally given three weeks to do whatever they want after months of intense practice. It was a warm day and everyone was just laying around in the living room. I was on the floor, leaning against the edge of the couch, occasionally glancing at the clock watching as each second passes. There was an unusual silence in the room since everyone was too lazy to say or do anything. That silence was suddenly broken when Yuta sat up from his lying position and started groaning. All eyes darted to him as he stood up and scanned the whole room.

"Ya know, instead of lazing about, why don't we go out," he stated, pacing back and forth with a hand on his chin.

"Where to?" someone shouted back.

"Why don't we go on a road trip? We can camp at the beach for a bit," I heard Doyoung blurt out.

The room suddenly became noisy after Doyoung had randomly blurted out his suggestion. We all agreed to his idea and made a bee line to our rooms to pack. The boys were all so excited they practically ran up to their rooms. I trailed behind them slowly, chuckling at their childish behavior. The moment I stepped into my shared room, the whole floor was covered with clothes; all belonging to both Jaehyun and Johnny.

I hopped over the mess on the floor until I got to my closet. I found my old bag I used for school and decided on using that to put all my clothes into. It took all of us an hour to finish packing and the whole house now looked like a mini tornado occurred in here. No one bothered to clean up the mess they made as they all headed for the door without glancing back. Being the last to leave the house, I made sure to switch off the lights before locking the front door.

Making sure that the door was locked, I walked over to the boys who were putting our bags in the trunk and passed Taeyong the keys before hopping into the backseat with Jaehyun. I watched as the other members piled in, playing a fair game of rock, paper, scissors to fight over a seat. When everyone finally settled down, Johnny started the van and off we go towards the beach.

"You guys can go ahead and sleep first. The drive will take a couple hours," Johnny said from the driver's seat.

Whatever he just said was irrelevant to us as we were all to pumped up for the trip. Music was being blasted and the whole van was filled with chatter. It was obvious that we couldn't contain our excitement as everyone started going crazy. The Windows were rolled down, allowing the fresh air to ventilate the whole van. Our hair went all over the place as it died with the wind.

To kill time, we played various games like 'Baskin Robin 31', the Intonation Game, 'Mafia' and more so that we wouldn't get bored. I on the other hand, was recording every moment on the camera that Johnny had given me last Christmas. I never really gotten round to using it so I thought that maybe I could capture some memories during this road trip.

The first half of the ride, everyone was noisy and hyper but soon after, everyone has drained all their energy and one by one, fell asleep. I looked around, noticing that only myself and Johnny were the only ones awake since Jaehyun had also tell asleep on my shoulder. All at once, the atmosphere inside the van changed as all of them fell asleep. I took out my camera to film the calm and still atmosphere of the van. Not long after, my eyelids felt heavy as I felt my grip on my camera loosen. My head fell to the side as I let my fatigue consume the rest of me.

*4 Hours Later*
"Wake up sleepy heads, we're here,"

We were awakened by the sound of Johnny's voice, screaming at us through the window. Donghyuk, who had the window seat accidentally smacked Johnny in the face while stretching which made the rest of us laugh. All of our piled out of the van, only for our feet to be met by the warm sand.

We took one breath of the clean and salty air before the younger ones had ran off to play in the water, unable to contain their excitement. The older ones trailed behind slowly as they shook their heads at the younger's behaviour. We arrived at the beach during mid-day and it was deserted. The once silent beach was now filled with laughter and screams of the younger ones, as well as the chatter of the older ones.

Most of the boys had started to set up the tents but Mark, Donghyuk and I stayed in the water, refusing to go out. We played in the water for a couple more hours until we heard Taeyong call for us to change and prepare dinner. While all this was happening, the sun was already beginning to set and the sky turned from blue to a mixture of red, purple, pink and orange. By the time the table was set up, everyone had rushed to watch the sunset as they ate. Surely, this is definitely one of the moments that I will never forget.