~Chapter 25~

"From the top again!" Taeyong screamed at all of us.

Although, the boys had already had their comeback, that didn't stop them from working twice as hard to give better stages for their fans. We were running the same choreography for the millionth time today it was as if my legs were being replaced by twigs. The more I dance, the closer the twigs were to snapping.

Halfway through the routine, NCT's manager had come into the room carrying a clipboard. Oh no, it's not time for monthly evaluations is it? I panicked for a while before calming down when the manager said that the boys were going to have a special stage. Seeing as the announcement was for the boys, I sat aside, taking a little break while still listening to bits and pieces of the announcement.

I was about to take a sip out of my water bottle when I noticed all the boys, including their manager, were looking at me. I placed down my water bottle awkwardly before letting out a small 'yes?'. Their manager had picked up on my confusion, thus repeating the announcement again for me. When the last word left his mouth, my eyes were open so wide that you could compare them to ostrich eggs. Okay maybe not that wide but you get my point.

"You're saying that I'm going to have to perform Cherrybomb with them for their special stage? But I'm not even an announced trainee yet," I tried to reason with him as I was certainly not ready for the big stage.

"Your rookie profile will be up today so when they announce the special stage, they wouldn't be shocked to see a random girl performing with the boys. Plus, its good publicity and it would help to build your popularity among the fans," he countered. 

I nodded in defeat and hung my head low, not wanting to face the manager. When he knew he'd won, he nodded his head in approval and told us to continue with our practice before leaving the room. Four days. Four days was all I had to prepare for the special stage. When Taeyong had declared for a break, the boys filed out of the room, to go to the toilet or to refill their empty water bottle, leaving only a few left in the room.

I on the other hand, walked over to the music player and played the song, remembering to put it on repeat before taking my spot at one corner of the practice room. I moved my body to the rhythm of the song, careful not to miss a beat. I stared at my reflection in the large mirror, making sure not to make a wrong move. By the time I had finished running the song twice, the boys had all came back and were staring at my wet back, beads of sweat rolling down my forehead. If I was going to be performing with the boys, I have to put in my very best to not disappoint the boys as well as their fans.

The song played back to its first few seconds and I scrambled to get back to the first position, my eyes not leaving my reflection. I briefly glanced at the boys before setting my attention to myself and moving my body to the music for the umpteenth time today.

"Don't push yourself too hard. You should take a break," I heard one of them say. I ignored the voice and continued until the song had come to its end yet again.

I was in the first position, waiting for the music to play but it didn't. Through the mirror, I watched as Jaehyun disconnected the system from the source.

"Stop. You're overworking yourself. Take a break," Mark walked over, handing me what I assumed to be his bottle. At first, I was hesitant to take it but he shoved it into my hand, insisting that I drank it before I faint from dehydration.

I gave him a slight smile and drank from his bottle, making sure not to drink too much water. I gave it back to him and muttered a thanks and collapsed onto the cold wooden floor of the practice room. The boys joined me one by one as all of us shared embarrassing moments while in the practice room. We had a good laugh exposing some of the members and soon, it was time to get back to practice.

"Nanananana eoseo ppalli pihae righ- ppphhhttttt"

The sudden sound of ripping fabric filled the entire room, alongside the music that was already playing. All of us looked around to find the source of the sound. All except one. Instead of looking around curiously, Mark had attempted to slip away from everyone when someone yelled "MARK'S PANTS ARE RIPPED". Johnny immediately ran to him and wrapped two flannels on the front and back of his waist and I noticed a blush creeping onto his cheeks. Everyone else laughed at the situation as they watched Johnny run around in panic trying to help the poor boy.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Taeyong glancing up at the clock before saying, "I'm sure we've practiced enough now. It's getting late. And I'm sure someone has to fix their pants too," before sending a playful smirk towards Mark, teasing him. Mark whined and we laughed at his cuteness. Apart from Taeyong, Doyoung and Johnny who were busy helping Mark out with his situation, the rest of us had started to pack up, not bothering to take a shower since we were being released from practice earlier than usual.

In the van, I was sitting in the back with Mark and Jaehyun. The whole ride back, I had been teasing him about his ripped pants. Embarrassed, he let out yet another whine before looking down to hide the fact that he was blushing. I laughed slightly, patting him on the back before reassuring him that it was fine and that it happens sometimes. He let out a small sigh before nodding slightly.

When we arrived at the dorm, Johnny literally carried him out of the car with both Taeyong and Doyoung guarding each side as they entered the dorms, rushing Mark into his room before locking the door. I shook my head at how they were treating Mark over ripped pants. I entered my room, which was conveniently opposite Mark's, and I could hear the screams which I assumed came from Mark. I set down my bag at the foot of my bed before crossing over to Mark's and Donghyuk's room. When I arrived in front of his door, I was met with Donghyuk, who seemed to be locked out of his room.

I watched as Donghyuk fiddled with the door knob, hoping that the door would magically unlock if he were to temper with the knob for a while more. He didn't seem to notice me standing there because when I took a step forward, he jumped, not expecting my presence. I took one of my many bobby pins from my hair and inserted it into the key hole, wriggling it around before it finally made a click sound. Satisfied, I stepped back to let Donghyuk open the door and enter his room.

That wasn't my first time picking a lock. I always did it back when I lived with Johnny. I used to break into his room at night while he was sleeping to play pranks on him. There was once where I drew on his face and sprinkled flour all over his hair. Up until today, I still remember the look on his face when he discovered the writings on his face.

When the door swung open, everything was a mess. Well, at least Mark's half of the room was. He was on the floor, pinned down by Johnny and Taeyong while Doyoung was trying to take his pants off of him. 

Donghyuk turned to me and said, "You know, maybe it was better if we left the door locked."