~Chapter 13~

I arrived at the main entrance followed by the other boys. We all stopped to catch our breath from running. After regaining out breaths, we all walked over to the ticketing booth. Taeyong went ahead and bought the tickets while the rest of us waited for him by the gate. We waited for about five minutes before Taeyong approached up with the admission tickets. He distributed them to each of us and we all entered the amusement park.

When Taeyong went to buy the tickets, we had already split ourselves into three groups. The first group consisted of Johnny, Doyoung, Taeil, Winwin and Ten while the second group consisted of Jeno, Jaemin, Jaehyun, Jisung, Taeyong. Last but not least, Mark, Donghyuk, Yuta, Chenle, Renjun and I made up the third group. We all agreed to meet at the information counter in an hour before going our own ways.

While the other two groups ran towards their desired rides, my group stayed to decide on what we should ride first. "Roller coaster! Haunted house! Bumper cars!" they all shouted the names of the rides that they wanted to go on simultaneously. They argued for a while before turning to me, all expecting me to say something. I raised a brow and thought for a few seconds before opening my mouth to speak.

"Well, since we just came from the cafe, maybe we should go play the little booths they have here first. Then, we can go try the more extreme rides. We don't want to throw up the food do we?" I said. After giving my plan some thought, the five boys nodded their heads and we finally made our way to the game booths that were relatively near from where we were standing.

We played various games at different booths. The boys had won themselves all sorts of things. From plushies to small games, they won them. I, on the other hand, hadn't won myself anything yet. We walked in front of a booth when a particular plushie caught my eye. It was a giant brown bear. However, the game that I had to play in order to in that was one that I was never good at. It was one of those games where you had to shoot a water gun and aim it at a bullseye which would fill up a balloon. The balloon had to pop in order to get the bear.

Yuta caught me staring at the bear as he tapped on my shoulder and asked if I wanted it. I shook my head, not wanting him to play the game just to get the bear for me. Thankfully he believed me and continued walking with the other boys. I took one last look at the bear and ran off, trying to catch up with the other boys who were all the way at the front. When I finally caught up to them, I heard them saying something along the lines of going to the haunted house next. By the looks of Chenle, Yuta and Mark's faces, we were indeed going to the haunted house.

As the boys walked ahead towards the haunted house, I noticed Donghyuk slowed down to walk with me. He suddenly whispered "You're not scared of the haunted house right?" I simply shook my head in response. I immediately knew that he had something up his sleeve when a smirk appeared on his face. "What's your plan?" I asked, my face mimicked his. He leaned in to whisper the plan so that the others wouldn't hear.

We jumped apart when we heard Mark say "Yah what are the both of you doing? We're here already." We looked at him to see a teasing smirk evident on his face. I felt my face grow hot at the thought of me and Donghyuk together. No that can't happen. We are partners in crime, nothing more. "Aye Jessica, what are you thinking?" he asked again, this time in English. I hit him as he laughed at my flustered state. The others looked at us, confused before Mark said that it was nothing. The others shrugged it off and we proceeded to enter the haunted house.

As planned, Donghyuk and I waited for the rest to enter before entering so that we'd be at the back. When we were halfway through the haunted house, we had to go through narrow hallway that could only fit two people at a time. That hallway was also the place where hidden cameras would take our pictures mid-scare. Mark waked ahead together with Yuta, followed by Chenle and Renjun. Donghyuk and I followed suit behind the four boys, ready to pull our prank. The hallway itself was relatively long. The first half, there were ghosts popping out from the walls and hands grabbing our feet once in a while. While the rest were busy screaming, Donghyuk and I laughed as we watched the four boys in front of us. 

The second half of the hallway, there were creepy, blood-stricken paintings that lined the walls. However, there were no ghosts or jump scares. Little did the four boys know, there would be one extra jump scare in store for them. By now, the two pairs were hugging the life out of each other. Donghyuk and I simply shook our heads and counted to three. On three, we leaned forward, shook and shouted "BOO!" at the pair that was in front of us who then screamed, which caused the pair in front of them to scream too. Immediately, the stopped in their tracks and hugged each other tighter than before. Donghyuk and I doubled over in laughter watching the four boys scream as they fear for their lives.

Throughout the rest of the haunted house, more screams were heard and I found out why Chenle was said to have a 'dolphin screech' now. When we finally found the exit, the four boys ran towards it as Haechan and I trailed behind, still laughing. As we approached the counter, there was a small screen that showed the pictures that were taken inside the haunted house. Just then, a picture of Donghyuk and I laughing as the four boys hugged each other came up on the screen.

The four boys turned and glared at us as we smiled sheepishly and gave each other a high five. "Joohyuk duo strikes again," we said simultaneously as the other boys shook their heads. Before the picture could fade, I asked the person of the counter if I could have the picture. Donghyuk then added that he too wanted the picture printed. The person politely smiled and told us to wait for a bit while the picture was being printed out.

After waiting for a minute or so, Donghyuk and I got our pictures. The other four boys whined and complained but we simply said it was for memories. Before they could whine any further, I took out my phone to check the time and realised that our hour was almost up. I informed the boys and we all made our way towards the information counter. By the time we reached, the others were already waiting for us. They told us not to worry as they also had just reached the counter.

"Now you guys can do whatever you guys want. Just meet back here in an hour, okay?" Taeyong said and we all nodded. Right after, Jaehyun grabbed my hand and we started running away from the others, causing them to shout and wolf whistle as us.