~Chapter 2~

Another day without my brother. I struck off another day on my calendar and smiled. My smile grew bigger as I counted off the days when I finally get to meet Johnny again. Two more days and I would be able to see him again after a very long time. It has been nine years since he got accepted into SM Entertainment, and out of those nine years, he would try to visit once every five months. Unfortunately, he was not able to come home at all last year because of his very busy schedule.

Just as I was about to reach for my bedroom door, it burst open. I screamed out of panic and kicked whoever was standing in front of me. I squeezed my eyes shut, fearing that the person was going to hurt me. When nothing happened, I slowly opened my eyes to only see the figure on the floor, wincing in pain while holding onto his stomach.

"Is that how you greet your beloved brother after a year?", Johnny asked while glaring at me.

My eyes widened as I realised that I had just kicked my own brother as a form of defence. "Oh my god I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I thought you were an intruder or a kidnapper or something," as I continued to babble, he burst out laughing. I gave him a questioning look and the only explanation I got out of that was "Oh my you're so cute when you babble. I miss you 'lil sis." He got up and hugged me but flinched at the contact of our stomachs. I pulled away from the hug and lifted up his shirt only to see a perfect, round bruise. It was now my turn to laugh as he playfully glared at me.

It took me a while to recover from laughing so much and as I stepped back, I noticed that there were some differences about him. He was obviously taller than before and his brown hair has grown out to be even longer. I held in my laughter as I thought of the things I could do to his hair later on. I remembered lifting his shirt earlier to check on the result of my 'self-defence' and if my eyes were not deceiving me, he had a six pack. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Johnny started to pose and said "if you're gonna stare at me like that, might as well take a picture. It'll last longer," one thing surely didn't change - his narcissism. I rolled my eyes and jokingly took shots of him with an imaginary camera.

I then realised that he wasn't supposed to be here until two days later. As if he could read my mind, he told me that he got an extra two days off of work so he decided to come and surprise me. Eomma and appa were in on the plan too. I smacked his arm for scaring the crap out of me.

For the whole week that he was home, we had a lot of fun together. At one point I actually got to tie up his hair into different styles. He allowed me to experiment with his hair, which was surprising. We recorded the whole process, from actually making him look nice and pretty to making his hair tangled up in knots. He chased me around for making his hair 'non-fabulous' but eventually, we both laughed at how hilarious he looked with the different hairstyles specially done by yours truly.

The day before his departure, we were having a family movie night. Everyone was either sprawled across the floor or occupying one entire couch to themselves. The whole family was silent as we were too engrossed in watching the movie 'Moana'. We would sing along to the songs every now and then but other than that, not a single voice was heard. That was until Johnny decided to say something that grabbed everyone's attention.

"I've been thinking lately and I had the idea of letting Jess audition for SM" it was silent for a few seconds before eomma spoke up, "she could use the company. If she isn't out with her friends, she seems lonely at home." Appa then nodded his head in agreement.

"There are plenty of people she could be acquainted with in SM. They are somewhat my second family. Plus, Jess can sing and dance very well so I don't think it would be a problem at all if she auditioned," he continued. Everyone turned to look at me to hear my answer. If I leave, I would be able to be with my brother and I wouldn't be as lonely. I could also put my talents to good use. But then again, eomma and appa would be alone and I would have to leave the friends and memories here. After thinking about it, I've finally decided on my decision.

I am going to Korea.