~Chapter 45~ [FINAL]

I let out a shaky before counting to three silently and lifting the blindfold off my eyes, anticipating whatever is in front of me. I squinted at the sudden change of brightness, my eyes trying to adjust to the soft lights that was illuminating the place. There he was, standing in the middle of everything, candles in mason jars hung from the branches of the huge tree, making him glow.

I took several steps forward, approaching him, still amazed at the sight before me. The sun was just about beginning to set, casting pink, orange and purple colours, making everything look more prettier than it already was. The candles in the jars that were hung makes everything feel so magical. I finally stopped in front of the love of my life in awe as I stared into his sparkly brown eyes. Before I could comprehend what was happening, he took out a small VELVET box and got down on one knee before me, holding out the box to present me with a ring. My hands immediately went up to cover my mouth as I felt my eyes start to water. I kept telling myself that maybe, just maybe, I was dreaming but this was real life.

"Lee Joohyun. Two years ago when you first came to Korea, and when I first laid my eyes on you, I immediately fell in love. I guess you could call it love at first sight. To be honest, I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without you, if Johnny hyung didn't bring you to Korea. I swear you are the one person who really makes me the happiest person in the world and I want to share the rest of this happiness with you. So Lee Joohyun, will you marry me?" He looked into my eyes as he spoke every word.

At that moment, I had a flashback of all the memories that we have shared together and tears started to roll down my cheeks one by one. Worried, Jaehyun got up and wiped my tears, asking if he did anything wrong. Speechless, I shook my head and engulfed him in a hug as I smiled into his chest.

I looked back up at him and gave him the most sincere smile and said "nothing's wrong Jaehyun. Nothing can ever go wrong with you. Of course I will marry you."

He slipped the ring onto my finger and we hugged each other so tight as if our life depended on it. All of a sudden, loud cheers can be heard from the boys who had watched the whole proposal from behind the bushes. They came out one by one and joined us in the hug, ultimately creating a giant group hug. When everyone broke away, I searched the crowd for my brother, and when I finally found him, I ran towards him and gave him a tight hug, thanking him as he patted my back. The other boys were now teasing Jaehyun and I, impatiently asking about when the babies are going to come. The both of us turned red at their question which made them laugh.

All of us spent the rest of the day sitting under the big tree admiring the night sky and talking amongst each other. We had a good laugh as Taeil was kind of jealous at how Jaehyun was getting married before he was and that resulted in everyone trying to guess who among them was going to get married next. While the boys were chatting among themselves, I stared at the lights and the sky, admiring how pretty everything looked. Thinking that it would be a waste to just leave things like this, I suggested that we take a picture to remember the day.

The boys agreed but insisted that Jaehyun and I take pictures as a newly engaged couple before anything else. We stood in the middle in a hugging position as we waited for Mark to take the picture, everyone else 'awww'-ing at the both of us. I felt Jaehyun kiss the crown of my head for a few seconds before we heard Mark give the okay sign for us to move. Johnny, being the extra-ass brother he is, decided that it was important for the siblings to take a picture, and so we did. He insisted that he gave me a piggy back for the picture which I was kind of hesitant about since I was wearing a dress. In the end, I got on his back safely for a few seconds to take a picture before getting off and taking a group picture with everyone else.

We spent the rest of the night under the tree, watching the stars as they glowed in the night sky. I was lying down with my head on Jaehyun's lap, him playing with the strands of my hair. Him, Doyoung and Taeil were singing to "Timeless", their voices bringing calmness to the atmosphere. I closed my eyes and listened even more carefully to Jaehyun's melodic voice, putting me to sleep, his soothing voice being the last thing I heard before dozing off with a smile on my face.

A/N

Yaaay! The book is over! I hope you guys are satisfied with the ending. I really had fun writing this book and the journey was very interesting. I also do want to apologize for taking so long to update the chapters as I ran out of ideas half way through. I will be working on new books after First Love but I am still not so sure if I will make a sequel to this on. Thank you guys so much for supporting me throughout this fun journey!!

tWO OUTS

Author-nim