~Chapter 9~

All eyes were on us when we entered the practice room. Jaehyun and I had just got back from the showers only to find the rest of the boys already in the practice room, since they went to take a shower before us. It explains why the men's showers were 'unusually quiet' according to Jaehyun. The remaining eight boys looked back and forth between me and Jaehyun before asking us tons of questions. "Where did you guys go?" "What did you guys do?" "Why were guys together" "You guys didn't do anything right?"I cringed at the last question. Slowly, Jaehyun and I answered their never ending questions one by one. By the end of the mini question and answer session, the boys packed up as I waited for them by the door.

I was scrolling through my twitter feed when Yuta stood in front of me. I looked up and he said "to be honest, you look cute in Jaehyun's clothes," and winked. I blushed slightly at his compliment but I got to admit Jaehyun's clothes were very comfortable although they were too baggy for me. I don't mind oversized clothes though as I was used to wearing Johnny's old clothes back at home. Sometimes i'd wear his old shorts and it would fall to my mid shin because of his freakishly long legs. From the corner of my eye, I saw Johnny whispering to Jaehyun, who looked quite scared. I wonder what Johnny was telling him. He better not be giving him the 'never fall in love with my sister or you will die' speech because if he is, I would rip him apart for threatening my best friend. Wait...best friend?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the sound of Taeyong's voice echoed through the room, saying that we were going home. I was about to approach Johnny and ask what he was talking to Jaehyun about when suddenly a body appeared in front of me, causing me to bump into its chest. I looked up only to see the one and only, Jaehyun smiling down at me. He quickly apologized before asking if I wanted to sit with him in the van, in which I gladly said yes to. We then walked to the van side by side, in a comfortable silence. As we reached the van, everyone had yet to go in which made me question why. When Winwin saw us approaching them, he shouted to tell us to hurry up as the back seats were for us. In return, he only earned a light smack from Taeyong who had his finger held against his lips, telling him to be quiet in case any fans heard us.

Not wanting to hold the other back longer, Jaehyun and I quicked our pace and got in as the others filled in after us. Soon enough, everyone made themselves comfortable in their seats as Johnny started the engine to the van. I saw him glance through the mirror at Jaehyun and I before focusing his eyes on the road and pulling out from the parking lot. During the first half of the drive back, most of the boys had fallen asleep due to fatigue. The rest were either listening to music or reading with the minimal light we had but the maknae line, on the other hand, were studying for what I believe was their mid term exams. Being the youngest among all the NCT members I've met so far, I look up to the maknae line the most; especially Mark. I was amazed when I first found out that they were still in school and I really take them as a role model as they are able to make time for both their studies and their careers.

After awhile, I got bored. The drive from the company building to the dorms would take quite a while as the dorms were placed in a more rural part of Seoul. I decided to take out my phone and scroll through my feel to see what my friends back home were up to. Suddenly, I felt something grab my hand from under the seats. As I shifted my gaze to my hand, only to find it intertwined with Jaehyun's. I then heard the faint sound of the camera which made me turn to look at him. He gave me a sheepish smile as I giggled and poked his cheek and said "squish" with a grin on my face. It only made him laugh quietly, cautious not to wake the sleeping members. Somehow, after Jaehyun took a picture of our hands, we ended up taking selfies - from silly to cute to cringy selfies, we took them all. After we finally calmed down from giggling at our selfies, I felt my eyes starting to get heavy. Not wanting to hold back anymore, I gave in to my fatigue and closed my eyes. I felt Jaehyun move my head so that it was resting on his shoulder before whispering "goodnight" and kissing the top of my head. In the end, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.