~Chapter 20~

*A FEW WEEKS LATER*

Johhny's POV

I sat on the couch, monitoring our stages along with a few other members. Over the past few days I've noticed that Jess was somewhat...avoiding Jaehyun? Whenever Jaehyun approaches her, she pretends to be busy or when he tries to talk to her, she would say that she had to go for practice. She would then run away to god knows where. I stared off into space as I thought of possibles reasons why Jess had been running away from Jaehyun. Perhaps, was is because of what I said?

I was snapped out of my train of thoughts when Taeil waved his hand in front of me. He looked at me weirdly before asking if anything was bothering me but instead, I shook my head and assured him I was fine. He then looked at me as if he was expecting me to say something, to which I looked at him questioningly.

"I asked if you wanna come to the beach with us," he sighed, repeating his question again. "You know you can tell me anything right?" he continued, genuine worry evident in his voice. I weakly nodded before agreeing to go to the beach with the others.

I watched as Taeil nodded his head and walked away, turning the corner. Soon after, I heard the cheers of the younger ones as they ran down the stairs, bags in hand. They were all dressed and ready to go while the hyungs were still in their home clothes. The maknaes pushed us hyungs to quickly go change and we obliged, laughing at their cute behavior. I shook my head as I headed towards mine and Jaehyun's shared room to pack. I opened the door only to find Jaehyun in the midst of changing, his bag by his side. I walked in, heading straight to the closet to pack for the sudden outing.

Just then, I heard the sound of the door opening, followed by a feminine scream. Sudden realisation hit me when I remembered that Jess was the only girl living in this dorm. I rushed out of the room only to be faced with a frightened girl facing the wall with her hands covering her eyes and a boy, shirtless, desperately trying to cover his body with a blanket. Looking at the scene in front of me, I shook my head before throwing Jaehyun his shirt and walking over to my sister. When I placed my hand on her shoulder, she flinched which caused me to retract my hand.

Slowly, I turned her around, pulling her into my embrace. I held her for quite a while before turning to check that Jaehyun had put on a shirt. Turning around, I glared at Jaehyun, letting go of Jessica in the process. I heard her let out a faint screech before clinging onto me. Chuckling at her cuteness, I slowly peeled her arms off me, telling her that it was okay to look now. She peered from behind my back to see Jaehyun, thankfully with a shirt on, standing there awkwardly.

Scratching his head, I watched as Jaehyun made an attempt to approach Jessica without her flinching. I shook my head, going back to closet to grab whatever was necessary for the road trip, hoping that Jaehyun and Jess would solve whatever tension they have with each other. Honestly, from a brother's point of view - a protective one, I want the both of them to get together. I didn't like seeing the both of them avoiding each other, it just brings back bad memories.

Sighing, I picked up my bag which is now stuffed with crumpled clothing, and headed out the door, not bothering to glance behind. I closed the door quickly and left the two love birds to solve whatever problem they have. The thoughts of Jessica and Jaehyun soon left my mind when Jisung came running up to me while clinging onto my arm. He hid behind my lean figure before peering to look for whover was chasing him before. When he saw that the coast was clear, he came out from his make-shift 'hiding spot' and looked up at me without letting my arm go. 

He eyed my bag before averting his gaze to the empty hallway and running off, probably to tell the others that I was done. I chuckled at the youngest, following him soon after. When I entered the room, everyone turned their heads, searching for something non-existent behind me. Wondering if the two had reconciled, I turned around myself, only to find the same empty hallway I had walked through. I jumped when cheers suddenly erupted from the living room, making me turn to face them again with a questioning look.

"With our driver here we can actually go to the beach!" I heard Chenle say, more like squeal, before darting towards the door with the others following suit.

Taeil stopped to wait for me but I stayed grounded to my spot, giving him the 'what about my sister and Jaehyun' look. He smiled before coming towards me whispering, "we're trying to get them to  make up. Maybe something else will happen in the process."

He pulled away and gave me a pat on my back before disappearing out the door. I watched as his back got smaller each step he took. All along they've sensed that there was something wrong with the too? I was not the only one. Without wasting any more time, I left the two in their room and headed outside where the rest were waiting outside the van. Realising that the key was with me, I quickly fished them out of my pocket before pressing a button, emitting a beeping sound from the van.

Once the sound was heard, everyone piled into the van and got into the seats. I walked around the front and climbed into the driver seat before turning to look back at our dorm. I stared at the window of my room to see Jaehyun's with his back facing us. I peeled my eyes off them and started the engine to the van. The lively chatter and laughter from the back could be heard throughout the whole vehicle. Giving the window one last glance, I drove out of the driveway with one thought in my mind - I hope that Jaehyun and Jessica reconcile.