~Chapter 26~

The moment I set my foot out of the van, the screams of the fans deafen me. I was the last to exit, but when I made my appearance, the screams seemed to get impossibly louder. I squeezed through the small passage way that was made temporarily with the security holding the fans back. I tried my best to keep up with the fast pace of the boys. My rookie profile had been uploaded onto the official SMRookies website a few days ago along with a few videos of me singing and dancing. Ever since that day, my fanbase seemed to grow rapidly, especially when they found out that I was Johnny's sister.

"Omg she's so beautiful" "She's as talented as her brother" "She's so tall" "I hope she debuts soon"

The comments that I heard while making my way through the sea of fans made me smile under the black mask that was covering more than half of my face. Although I was told not to respond to the fans and walk straight into the MBC building, I tried my best to greet some of them and say thank you and the compliments they gave. When I did, they stated screaming even more. When we were almost inside the building, one fan managed to stick her hand past the security guard and grab on my shoulder. She pulled me towards her in a attempt to grab my attention, as I watched the boys walk further and further away from me.

Before anything else could happen, Jaehyun had came back and pulled me by the arm, blocking me from that particular fan with his body. I peered behind his shoulder to see the guard holding her back as more people came to hold back the overwhelming crowd. While walking to the building, I felt a sting on the spot where the fan had grabbed me earlier, convinced that there would be a mark left there. When Jaehyun and I entered the building, the rest were already inside waiting for the both of us.

"Oh my god I thought something bad had happened to you guys," Johnny rushed to us and pulled me into a tight hug.

I winced when his arm came into contact with my injured shoulder and he immediately released me from his embrace. Furrowing his eyebrows, he stared at me before pulling the collar of my shirt slightly, enough to reveal my shoulder. It clearly had scratch marks from where the fan had grabbed me earlier. I flinched when he touched the spot and I quickly pulled my collar back up, not wanting to make a scene out of a small matter like this. I hurriedly told them that we should make our way to our waiting room and thankfully they agreed without questioning my shoulder, although Johnny kept eyeing it from afar.

When we were in the waiting room, Johnny forced me down onto the couch before leaving to get something. He came back with an ointment bottle in hand, pulling down the collar of my shirt and dabbing on the wound gently with a cotton ball. I winced in pain when the cotton ball came into contact with my skin. Muttering a soft 'sorry', he continue treating my injury with very light and gentle dabs. After he was done, I thanked him before hearing my name being called by the coordinator unnie.

I walked over to her as she held out two outfits next to me, deciding on which one to let me wear. After a few seconds, she finally decided on the pink outfit that matches with the boys'. I quickly changed into the outfit and when I came out of the changing room, everyone's eyes were on me. Subconsciously, I covered my body with my hands. I blushed when Jaehyun complimented me, telling me that I didn't have to be shy about my appearance. I felt more confident after he said that so I tried my best to act natural in the outfit that I was wearing.

Just then, the door swung open, a head popping in, informing us that we only had five minutes until we had to go on stage. By we, I meant the boys. I would go on later, when they were going to perform 'Zero Mile'. All of us filed out of the room and walked to the side stage in a single line, greeting other staffs and seniors that we met on the way. Once we reached the side stage, we were immediately given our individual mics. They connected the cord to out in-ears and in no time, it was time for the first performance.

I cheered them on as they went on stage, completely forgetting about my injured shoulder. They did they greeting as usual before getting into their positions for 'Cherrybomb'. I danced along to the song backstage, the staff applauding my mini performance as I bowed and thanked them shyly. After the song was over, they talked to the fans, who screamed at the mention of a 'special guest'. Hearing all those screams only made me even more nurvous. The boys went off stage to do a quick outfit change before going back on to introduce the second song.

I didn't realise that I had been called on stage when one of the staff nudged me and motioned to the boys. I quickly appologized and made my way onto the stage, careful not to embarrass myself infront of hundreds of fans. Throughout the whole process, my legs were trembling and I couldn't stop worrying. Those doubts however disappeared when I felt a hand on my back. I turned and met with Jaehyun's eyes as he flashed me a reassuring smile. When Doyoung had finished his sentence, he turned to me and told me to say something to the fans.

I panicked on the spot but managed to control myself before bringing the mic up to my lips.

"This is my first time performing on stage so naturally I'm very nurvous. However, I am still very honoured to be given the opportunity to share the stage with NCT sunbaenim. I am a new rookie so I hope you will guide me and support me. Thank you!" I said sincerely towards the fans as I bowed.

By the end of my speech, the studio erupted with the high-piftched screams of the fans as they called out my name. With that, Taeyong wrapped up the introduction and it was time.

It was time for my first ever performance.