~Chapter 21~

Jessica's POV

"You...uh can look now," I heard Jaehyun say. I peeked from underneath my palms to see him fully dressed.

"Sorry about that. I uhm probably should've knocked before entering," I apologised, not daring to meet his eyes.

He slowly approached me, his hand reaching out to me. Naturally, I stepped back until I felt my back touch the wall. I kept my gaze on the floor as I watched his bare feet stop right in front of mine. I flinched when I felt his touch on my chin making him pull his hand back. At that moment, I felt the butterflies take flight in my stomach and my cheeks started to progressively heat up with every move he makes.

Slowly, he lifted my chin and studied my face before smiling. I met his eyes and for the first time in a while, I got entranced in his black orbs suddenly not paying attention to the world around me. I felt my body relax while staring into his beautiful eyes. The silence in the room brought me comfort as I stood trapped in between Jaehyun and a wall. The silence however was broken when he finally spoke.

"Why did you avoid me for the past week?" he asked while staring into my eyes.

I couldn't tell him exactly why I've been avoiding him. If I did, it would be equivalent to me confessing my love to him. When I didn't say anything for a while, he continued, "you know, has anyone ever told you that you're so pretty?"

I couldn't help but blush at his sudden compliment. I watched as his eyes trailed from my eyes, to my nose and finally down to my lips. I gulped as y body tensed again, the feeling of comfort now washed away. With his arm against the wall, he leaned in slowly and I closed my eyes. Soon enough, his lips met mine as he kissed me passionately. I responded to the kiss without hesitating as I wrapped my arm around his neck. His free hand made its way to the small of my back, pulling me closer to him, closing whatever gap in between us.

He broke the kiss to regain his breath. Just then, panic settled within me. What did we just do? Before I could say anything, he took my hand and kissed it lightly before meeting my gaze once again.

"Lee Joohyun, it's okay if you don't feel the same way as I do but I really really like you. So, will you do me the favor of being my girlfriend?" he asked, his voice full of sincerity.

By then, I had a big smile on my face and I nodded vigorously, accepting his offer with much enthusiasm. He pulled me in for another kiss before breaking it to look out the window. I followed his actions, only to find the driveway empty. There was no sign of a black van which only meant that the others have left us alone. Sneaky little shi-

"I guess they left us alone," he chuckled, literally speaking my thoughts out loud. I nodded and stared at the empty driveway thinking of all the fun the others were having at the beach. Just then, I felt a tug on my arm before directing my attention back to Jaehyun. He pulled on my arm and led me down the stairs towards the living room. He sat me down on the couch before running off to grab something. He came back with a blanket and a stack of movies in his hands. I finally understood what he was trying to do now.

He set the movies onto the table before laying the blanket on the couch. I stood up and headed to the kitchen while I left Jaehyun to pick the movie. I scanned the entire kitchen before landing my eyes on a cupboard next to the fridge. I walked towards the cupboard and opened it, finding the item I had been looking for inside. I took it out and poured its contents into a bowl before putting it into the microwave. While waiting, I took out two mugs and poured some chocolate milk that was left untouched into them.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arm around my waist. His distinct smell had made it obvious that it was my boyfriend. It felt weird to call him that; boyfriend. I guess I hadn't gotten used to the fact that we were now together. Without turning around, I placed my hands on top of his. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck and asked why I was taking so long. His breath against the back of my neck made me tense but I relaxed a bit when he pressed little kisses on my jawline.

Just then, the microwave dinged, making Jaehyun left his head and loosen his grip around my waist. I removed his hands one by one before walking over to the microwave to take out the delicious snack. Jaehyun walked over and slid a hand around my waist as he helped me carry the bowl of popcorn with his free hand as I carried the the two cups out to the living room. I set the cups down on the table and lifted my head to face the screen of the television to see the title sequence of the classic 'Mean Girls'.

I turned to Jaehyun and asked, "you watch chic-flics?" He onlygave me a sheepish smile in return. Growing up as a tomboy, I've never been interested to watch these kind of movies. Instead, I would be on the couch with Johnny watching horror movies with us clinging onto each other for dear life half the time. At least this time he didn't pick a horror movie thank god for that. I grabbed the remote and made myself comfortable on the couch. Not long after, Jaehyun took his place next to me and I proceeded to press play.

Half way through the movie, the both of us ended up cuddling with the blanket over us, popcorn in hand. We played a couple of movies, from 'The Fault In Our Stars' to 'Moana' until it was night time. We basically had a movie marathon. I was now wondering why the rest hadn't gotten back from their beach adventure. Pushing the thought out of my head, I focused on the movie which was currently playing.

"Nooooo," both Jaehyun and I cried when Anna turned to ice while trying to protect Elsa from Prince Hans.

Anyone who walked in on us would think that we were crazy to get this emotional while watching Frozen.

Nearing the end of the movie, my eyes started to feel heavy. I tried to stay awake until the end of the movie but my eyes felt too droopy. I rested my head on Jaehyun's shoulder before giving in to my fatigue and finally drifting into dreamland with a smile on my face.

Jaehyun's POV

I was focused on the movie when I felt something on my shoulder. I turned to find Joohyun sleeping soundly like a baby. Smiling, I reached for my phone to take a picture before pausing the movie and laying her on the couch next to me. I pulled the blanket on the both of us and hugged her waist from behind to prevent her from falling off the couch. Soon enough, I found myself drifting to sleep with her.

A/N

Hey guys! Oh? What's this? Double update? Huehue it's a birthday special because guess whose birthday it is today *drum roll* MINE! Hahaha just kidding it's Mark's birthday of course *sings the birthday song in 12462965 different languages* Well, technically we share the same birthday but his birthday is more important haha. Anyways, I hope you guys like the double update! Once again happy birthday to Mark Lee weeeeee.

twO OUTS

-Author-nim