~Chapter 18~

*3 DAYS LATER*

"Someone get their outfits"
"This one needs more hair spray"
"Are the mics working?"

The broadcasting station was a mess. There were clothes astray on the floor, Makeup scattered on the table. The staff were busy running back and forth just so they could present a satisfying stage for the fans.

"Joohyun-ah can you help me distribute the outfits for the boys, then take a new box of makeup from the store room and bring it back to me, we're almost running out," I heard one of the staff yell out to me from across the room. "Oh and if you can, go to the control room and tell them that mic number six and seven aren't working properly," she added before dismissing me.

Today was the day NCT had their comeback. They had been rehearsing non stop for the past three days just to impress their fans. As I ran down the corridor to fetch the makeup, I bumped into a few of the staffs as I wasn't really paying attention. I simply bowed quickly and took off to find the box of makeup.

After a few minutes of getting lost, I finally found the store room with the help of some staffs that were around the area. I opened the door to the store room and looked in, only to see nothing. I stepped in and held my hand out to my face but failed to see it as it was pitch black. I struggled to find the switch, but when I did, I quickly grabbed the box of makeup that was coincidentally placed by the door and ran out, closing the door but not bothering to turn off the lights. Oops.

I made my way back in a rush, stopping by the control room which I happened to pass by and informed them that certain mic numbers were not working. After they fixed the mics, I quickly ran back to the dressing room only to see a crowd of people in the confined room. As if nine members and many other people wasn't enough, I squeezed myself through, making sure to place the makeup on the dressing table before making my way to the clothes stands to distribute the costumes. Everything and everyone was a mess. I made a quick scan of the room before grabbing a bundle of clothes and walking over to the group of boys who were sitting in the couch. I gave them each their costumes and told them to change behind the curtains. They quickly obliged and I made my way to distribute the others' costumes.

As time passes, the number of people in the room decreases. There was only one makeup unnie left doing Donghyuk's makeup and there was only the boys' manager and a few of the filming crew, filming something for the behind the scenes. Exhausted, I plopped myself on the couch, watching as the boys clean up their dance steps. I felt the energy drain out from my body even more as I watched the boys dance non-stop, not wanting to mess up on their comeback stage.

"Guys, yall shouldn't be overworking yourselves. You'll do fine, trust me," I told them reassuringly. Sure  enough, most of them stopped dancing and took a seat on any empty chair they could fine.

By now, the boys were playing various games to pass time while the camera crew recorded their every move. When the crew left to film other groups, the boys continued to play their games except for one. From the corner of my eye, I saw Johnny slowly approach me. I directed my attention to him, who just made himself comfortable next to me on the couch. What he said to me however, took me aback.

"Be honest with me, do you like Jaehyun?" he asked with a serious look plastered on his face.

"W-what uhm I-I don't. W-hat are you t-talking about?" I replied, mentally slapping myself for stuttering so much.

He raised his eyebrow, something he only does when he doubted something, or someone in this case. He looked at me expectantly as I contemplated whether I should tell him the truth. Just then, I thought back to the days when we were back at home. All the times I've told him that I had the slightest crush on some boy in school or in church, he'd go on a rampage. There was once where I used to get love letters from school. I didn't tell anyone about them but somehow, he found out. He got so mad that he actually threatened to stay with me just so he he says and I quote "beat the crap out of the dude if I ever catch him". I then remembered why I never told him about any of my crushes after that incident.

"No, I don't like him. Where did you he-" I was cut off by the stage manager barging into the room.

"BOYS YOU'RE UP NEXT. HURRY AND GET READY BY THE STAGE," he yelled.

Geez. Someone clearly isn't in a good mood. I rolled my eyes at the stage manager and got up, escorting the boys out together with the other two managers of theirs. As we reached the side stage, I was amazed to see how big the studio was. My daze was being cut off when Johnny bent down to my height and whispered, "We'll continue that talk later". He then ruffled my hair after. In any other circumstance, I would've kicked him for messing up a masterpiece I call my hair. The boys then got called onto stage and the screams from all the fangirls deafened me. They started their performance flawlessly, but in between, I lost my focus and couldn't help but this about what would happen if Johnny actually found out about my crush. Sighing, I pushed the thought to the back of my mind and forced myself to focus on the boys.