~Chapter 32~

"Yo wake up. Sleeping beauty has to wake up at some point. Oiii. Wake up. Didn't you say you wanted to meet Miyeon?" I shot up at the name.

Johnny had been trying to wake me up for the past fifteen minutes or so. He had told me that he was meeting up with his crush, Miyeon, and had asked if I wanted to come along. If he didn't mention her name, I probably would have continued sleeping. Johnny shook his head and told me to be ready in half an hour since we were meeting her at 10am. I glanced at the clock that was placed next to the door. Realising that I only had 45 minutes to get ready, I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, leaving Johnny behind.

I took a quick shower and ran back into my room with only a towel wrapped around my body, not caring if others were to see. I hastily put on my pastel blue shirt and black ripped jeans before grabbing a cap and a mask and running out into the living room. I looked at the clock and saw that I still had a couple of minutes to spare. Heaving out a deep breath, I plopped myself onto the couch next to my brother. Right when I was about catch my breath, I saw Johnny stand up from the corner of my eye, pulling my arm up as he went.

"I just sat down though," I whined, not wanting to move after rushing around.

"It doesn't hurt to be early," he said, pulling on my arm a bit more.

I groaned while standing, dragging my feet as I followed the footsteps of my brother. He shook his head at my behavior and took me by my wrist and dragged me outside until we reached the van. I lazily opened the door and hopped into the passenger seat leaning against the window as I waited for Johnny. The drive from the dorms to our destination was short so we put on some music and briefly sang along to it. When we reached our destination, I put on my cap and mask before stepping out of the van.

Through the cap, I saw that we were at a cafe that was not so popular around this area. I looked through the glass to find a young lady sitting near the counter, glancing at her watch every now and then. When Johnny and I walked in, the bell above the door rang, informing people that there was a new customer. Her gaze darted to the door at the sound of the bell and she immediately broke out into a smile at the sight of my brother.

I followed behind my brother towards her table, purposely hiding myself behind his figure just so I could see her reaction later. When he had sat down, her attention was on me and she flashed me a kind smile. Not wanting to be rude, I smiled back, still feeling unsure about the girl. She seems pretty decent but something about her just seems...not right. I took a seat next to Johnny and bowed politely towards her, pretending to be shy.

"Aww who could this pretty girl be?" she said, complementing me.

I glanced up at my brother before turning to the girl and smiling before speaking, "I'm Lee Joohyun, Johnny's sister. You can call me Jessica," I introduced myself.

"Omo. Were you the one who sent me that text?" she asked, surprised at my presence.

I let out a giggle before nodding my head. Looking around, I removed my cap and mask, letting my hair flow down my back freely. Just then, a waiter approached us to take our order. He took our orders and left, leaving us to continue our conversation. We had started with the basics - name, age, where you're from. Then we started talking more about our interests.

As we were talking, I noticed that she was only paying attention to Johnny. It felt as if I wasn't there with them. I looked between the two and raised an eyebrow. Just then, the waiter came back with our orders, placing it down carefully onto the table before sending me a wink and walking back to the counter. Johnny, who would usually glare at the waiter, seemed oblivious to whatever just happened as he continued to laugh at what Miyeon had just said.

I sat there silently, taking small sips from my chocolate milkshake, occasionally glancing at my phone to check the time. Half an hour. An hour. An hour and a half has passed. Yet not one of them cared to glance at me to check on how I was doing. Sighing, I grabbed my cap and mask and excused myself. When Johnny saw me standing up, he gave me a confused look.

"Leaving already? I thought you wanted to meet Miyeon really badly?" He asked, not wanting me to leave.

I shook my gead," Yes, I really wanted to meet you unnie, but I just didn't want to be third-wheeling. I'll be leaving to give you guys some privacy."

The nodded their head and I took that as my cue to leave. I took my milkshake and stepped outside, breathing in the warm afternoon air. Taking one last glance at the two, I sighed and started my journey back to the dorm.