~Chapter 41~

Jaehyun's POV

It was the boys and with Joohyun's free day so we decided to have a lazy day at home. I was leaning on Taeil, who was playing Mario Kart with Donghyuk. Joohyun was just lying down on Donghyuk's lap while scrolling through her phone. I was observing Joohyun from afar and I noticed that her smile had slowly turned into a frown. It was not until she abruptly got up from Donghyuk's lap and excused herself that I sensed that something was wrong.

I watched as she dragged her feet towards our room, disappearing around the corner. Worried, I trailed behind her at a distance so that she wouldn't find out that I was following her. When she entered the room and closed the door, I rushed over just to hear a soft 'click' sound coming from it. Trying my luck, I twisted the door knob. Locked. I stared at the wooden door and sighed. I inched closer towards the door and pressed my ear on it. At first, it was total silence. After a while, muffled sobs could be heard coming from the other side of the door.

Since I was stuck outside, I stood there for a few seconds before remembering that Taeyong had access to all the keys in the dorm. Not wanting to waste anymore time, I rushed to the living room where everyone else was and asked Taeyong for the keys urgently. He looked at me weirdly but got the keys anyway without asking anything. I took the keys from him uttering a quick thank you before rushing back to the room. I inserted the key into the key whole, hearing the 'click' sound once again.

I gripped the cold door knob and twisting it, letting the door open. When I looked inside, it was empty. Where had she gone? I scanned the room for any sign of life before entering, careful not to make any noise. I was looking around the room when my eyes landed on a phone on Joohyun's bed. 'It must be her's' I thought to myself.

I approached her bed slowly, picking her phone up and pressing the on button, only to see a selca of the both of us on her lockscreen. I smiled at the picture and guessed her password, surprising myself when I got it right. Straight away, the twitter app was opened and it showed some comments from some of our fans. I scrolled down her feed, smiling at all the positive comments the both of us were getting. Sudden realization hit me when the positive comments turned into negative ones.

Her feed overflowed with death threats, panic and alarm instantly settling in. I threw her phone on her bed and scrambled around the room trying to look for her. I noticed that the bathroom door was closed so I went closer, opening it only to find Joohyun on the floor. She was holding a shiny object in her hands. I watched as she slowly brought it to her wrist. That was when I realized what she was doing. I ran in, knocking the shiny metal out of her hands before embracing her into a hug.

I held her tight in my arms, rocking her back and forth while whispering words of encouragement into her ear. Tears fell from her eyes as I held her in her most vulnerable state, trying to calm her down. The noise must have alerted the boys as the sound of their footsteps filled the hallway. They soon arrived in our room, watching the both of us from outside of the bathroom. I continued to cradle her as Johnny stepped forward to hug her as well.

When Taeyong found out about the hate comments, he was furious. It took him a while to calm down but when he finally did, he insisted that the members leave the both of us alone to sort things out. I wiped her tears away and kissed the top of her head, waiting for her to calm down before finally speaking.

"You know that whatever happens, I'll still love you right?" I asked slowly.

All she did was stare at the bathroom tiles. When she didn't respond, I took this chance to continue.

"Whatever happens, I'll still love you. If you need help, I'll always be here for you," I continued.

Still no response from her. I was about to leave to let her think when she suddenly hugged me back. Silent sobs could be head and I wrapped my arms around her, soothing her while rubbing her back. When she pulled away, I wiped her tears once more before looking into her eyes. She stared back into mine and finally opened her mouth to speak.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I was afraid you'd get mad and think I'm weak. I'm obviously not good enough fo-" I cut her off by putting my lips on hers.

She was shocked at first but returned the kiss. When I pulled away, I instantly pulled her in for another hug, hugging her tighter than before. I heard her mumble 'I love you' into my chest which made me chuckle. I kissed the top of her head again before saying "I love you too".