「034」

0 3 4

RUN

══════↯══════

I grip onto my phone tightly before standing up. What does Yoonbyul mean by that? Why is she scared, what is she unable to believe? She's making me worried again.

"Ya, where are you going Jungkook?" questioned Namjoon with concern, "I thought you needed me to help you with studying."

"I do, but there's something more important that I must do right now," I say before running into Seokjin.

"Hm? JK where are you going in a hurry? I just came back with food," said Seokjin who had a piece of spicy rice cake hanging from his mouth.

"Just let him go, he has something important to do, we'll just eat first," suggested Taehyung while gesturing me to leave first.

"Beats me, I get to eat more then," smiled Seokjin, putting a piece of fish cake into his mouth this time.

"Pig," laughed Namjoon.

"Hey! Kim Namjoon, I'm not sharing my food with you anymore," pouted Seokjin.

I quickly leave while Namjoon and Seokjin continued to bicker with each other and Taehyung laughing at the bickering couple.

━━━━━━━━━

I arrive at the dorm and quickly unlocked the door with my key card. 

"Yoonbyul-ah!" I shouted as loud as I could, but there was no response. Where could she possibly be?

I look around the room more to find hints of where she could be. Her shoes aren't here, she must be outside somewhere. I should've noticed that sooner. I quickly run outside the dorm and search for her around the school. Let's run run run again, I can't stop running, I have to find her.

The only thing I can do is run right now, there's no other option if I want to find her as soon as possible. The whole school is literally empty at this hour. I've searched every room at this point. At that moment, I overheard a group of students' conversation.

"Did you see someone run up to the rooftop earlier?" said one of the students.

"Yeah, they just dashed up the stairs so fast," said another.

My eyes widen with suspicion, there's no way she's up there right? She's not going to do something stupid is she? A rush of fear runs through my body as I head up the stairs towards the rooftop.

Y O O N B Y U L

I lay down on the cold hard floor on the rooftop. The sun's rays hit me as I laid still and motionless watching the clouds roll by. I shouldn't have sent that message to Jungkook. He must be worried. I pull my own hair out of frustration. Why does my life have to be this complicated? 

The one message that was cut off from Hanbyul, what was she trying to say? 'Appa was never-' what? What was he never of? Was he never my appa!? Nah, I know for sure we're blood related, we've done a parental test thing when I was sick that one time. I can't believe I would even jump to a conclusion like that. Ha, stupid me.

Hanbyul please tell me, is there something you know that I don't know?No matter how far I reach for you, you never respond when I need you. You are my only sun, my only star, my one and only in the world. I bloomed for you, I followed what you told me to do, but I'm still getting thirsty for answers.

There must be something I've forgotten, but what could it be? I rarely remember any of the things that happened before the accident. Well, I was six when the crash happened, and everything before that consisted of me being afraid of my parents arguing all the time. I've never really brought it up before, but I'm sure I was involved in a different accident when I was around five or so. No one ever told me what happened and I just don't remember anything at all. Did I lose memory of an important event? Is this why Hanbyul is telling me these kinds of things? Ugh, curse me, this foolish destiny that I have.

These memories are crumbling like dried flower leaves. I feel like a chasing butterfly who's wondering in dreams. Society makes the world seem perfect, but no one knows about the true hardships that people face everyday. Nothing is perfect, nothing is, this is why being just the way you are is fine, I strive to live this way. I stand up and go towards the edge of the rooftop to look at the city. I look up at the sky again, although there's no stars because it's the afternoon, I can't really see Hanbyul, but the sun is a large star itself, so the daytime sort of makes up for itself. 

I let out a long sigh, "Hanbyul, I follow your traces. Please guide me, please stop me. Please tell me what you know, please let me breathe."

Unexpectedly, Hanbyul replied, "You'll find out soon. And there's going to be someone who will take you to a familiar place, you'll realize what you've longed to know this whole time there."

J U N G K O O K

I make it up to the top of the rooftop and opened the door. I see Yoonbyul standing near the edge. I dash towards her and back hug her to pull her back. 

"Jungkook you scared me!" shouted Yoonbyul in fear.

"What? You're the one who scared me," I shouted back at Yoonbyul.

Yoonbyul tilts her head in confusion, "What do you mean I scared you?"

I hug her tightly, "I thought you were going to do something stupid. You made me worried."

"I didn't mean to worry you like that, I'm so sorry," replied Yoonbyul calmly, "Oh, and that message earlier, ignore it."

I hold onto her shoulders and stared at her, "It's not something to ignore if it came across your mind. What's wrong Yoonbyul, you need to tell me."

"I don't want to talk about it," said Yoonbyul while looking down towards the ground.

"Why? Do you not trust me? I will keep it a secret, I swear."

Yoonbyul shakes her head, "No, that's not what I mean Jungkook. I can't really talk about something that I actually don't know myself."

I get taken aback by what Yoonbyul just said- how do you know something you don't know? Just seeing Yoonbyul hurt makes me feel hurt. I smile whenever I see you, I smile every time I see Yoonbyul, I really can't help but smile. But there are times she's suffering and I just want to make her smile. I want to tell her that it's okay to fall down, it's okay to be injured. I grip onto her wrist and drag her with me.

"Where are you taking me?" asked Yoonbyul who was now trying to keep up with my footsteps.

"You'll see when we get there," I replied, "Can you run?"

"I guess I could, but not too much because it could overwork my heart," responded Yoonbyul.

"Then let's run run run," I hold onto Yoonbyul's hand tightly, "I'm going to take you somewhere, it's a secret until we get there."