Peridot x Paraplegic!Reader

(Y/n) P.O.V

I've known Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems for a long time.

A very long time.

I tend to visit when there isn't much going on, I like their stories and Amethyst always seems to find a way for me to be amused.

It was kinda because of the Crystal Gems that I found peace within myself and my physical limitations.

But today was different. For months now, Steven had been rambling on about the latest member of the Crystal Gems.

It was Peridot. A homeworld gem. I had never met her before but apparently after calling Yellow Diamond a "clod" which is basically the fancy and now offensive term for "earth rock", she became one of them.

That's totally cool.

Oh yeah I know all about them all. Lapis, Jasper, fusion, history. I have loads of spare time on my hands you could say and who is better than Pearl to get the info from?

Anyways, Steven wanted me to meet Peridot. I agreed but mainly because I felt sorry for her.

To put simply- homeworld is running out of resources, no resources means weaker gems and Peridot is one of those.

In fact not only is she weak but she's shorter than what she was originally intended to be. Kinda like Amethyst but she just stayed in the ground for too long.

So I went to meet her so she knew that we all played important roles and that physical limitations didn't have to stop us.

We walked to the car that Mr Universe let us ride. It was only Steven and I and thankfully the ride was short.

Once at the barn, Lapis met us and helped me into my wheel chair and began to push me to the barn. Steven was super excited where as Lapis' expression wasn't really readable.

"Peridot!" Steven called, his voice echoing loudly. "Peridot we have a new friend!"

The sound of someone dropping something and hurrying over was heard, revealing the smallest gem ever.

She was probably just taller than me and I was sitting down! She looked at me, judging my wheelchair that Lapis held still.

If she thought it was weird, she said nothing of it. "Peridot, this is (Y/n)!" I smiled and waved cheerfully towards Peridot who slowly reciprocated.

"Hey Peridot, I've heard lots about you- so nice to finally meet you." I grinned as she blinked at me.

"You too." A silence followed, "Why do you sit in there?" She asked abruptly, pointing at my wheelchair.

"Peridot that's rude!" Steven scolded, causing a wave of panic to flood her mind.

"It is?! Oh no! That's not a friend thing! I apologise for my unforgivable behaviour-" I only laughed and shook my head.

"It's okay Peridot, I forgive you. And to answer your question, I'm what you call a paraplegic. Everything from here below doesn't work properly." I indicated where all sensation was lost in my body, making Peridot frown.

"Are you defective?"

"In a way I am I suppose- I can't do normal things like run and walk but it doesn't really bother me, I can do other things when it comes to helping out."

"Can something help you move your uh... Body?" She frowned.

"Like help me physically move?" She nodded her head, "Well at the moment no. The best thing is this wheelchair."

"But that's defective itself, I mean, what's the purpose of replacing something if it doesn't allow you to do what you could do before?"  She said with a tang of dislike.

"It's not all that bad- for one,  I'm sure you can understand... I heard about the resources homeworld are missing."

She turned her head in disgust. "If that makes you think any less of me then-"

"Of course not." I interrupted, "I think you are great just the way you are. I've never met another Peridot before and I think it's cool that you are the first one I will ever meet!"

Her eyes softened and anyone could see she was on the edge of tears.

"I feel all squished in here..." She said, pointing to her chest as tears leaked from her eyes, "Steven... My vision spheres are leaking... STEVEN HELP IM LEAKING!!!"

Steven laughed and handed her a tissue as he began to explain crying. I smiled as her eyes widened in realisation.

"Steven says I've experienced the affection towards you since I can relate very much." She turned to me and looked down at her feet.

"Well I'm glad you feel a little better about yourself- you're strong Peridot, we all are- you just gotta find your strengths."

Peridot turned her attention towards the ground, smiling lightly as she thought about what I said. "Yeah... find your strengths." She muttered before lifting her head to look up at me. "Is it ok if I do the human ritual of hugging?" I laughed.

"No need to ask." She leaned across my wheelchair and wrapped her arms around me, letting me return the gesture.

"Thank you." She said, breaking the close contact while blushing heavily. "I'm glad we met."