Garnet x Psychotic!Reader

Garnet's P.O.V

I walked out the temple. Like the many occasions I had done before, this time it was different.

Pearl and Amethyst were following me, most likely curious as to where I had been disappearing off to at the dawn of night.

I don't blame them yet their snooping bothered me greatly. I stopped instantly in my tracks and waited for the sound of a tire screeching to grab the two and pull them out of harms way as a car swerved close by.

Even though the talent of future vision was known, they acted surprised. As if to think that I would have never known.

They stared in fear. Probably anticipating me to send them back to the temple to keep an eye out for Steven incase he began to do anything in his sleep.

But I foresaw only safety for the child, leaving the temporary abandonment of the boy alone.

Pearl opened her mouth to tell me she was sorry but I raised a hand to silence her.

I turned around silently, before waving the two to follow me. Cautiously, we arrived at our destination. A house, smaller than the others on the street that housed a family of three, their youngest daughter diagnosed by a psychotic illness.

"We are at a human's house." I instantly answers Amethyst. "Do not tell Steven ever of what you do or what you see." I knocked on the door and waited for the parents of the child to appear, greeting me and allowing the three of us in.

"I apologise for these two, they followed me curiously and I only saw bad futures if I had turned them down and made them go home." I apologised quietly.

"It's quite alright Garnet dear, thank you for coming on such short notice... we fear she may be getting worse." I fixed the shades on my face before materialising them off and staring at the two humans with all my eyes.

"I'm no doctor Mr and Mrs (l/n) but I can sense your daughter is weaker in mind. I suggest a doctor would suffice- there may be a chance to save her but I know that you don't want her to do so as she will be taken away to a special catering service." I predicted what they would say, folding my hands in my lap.

"Please Garnet," Mr (l/n) begged to me, "just this once more, if you do not desire to-"

"It's not that I do not wish to take care for (y/n) while you work, I just see many possibilities and I will have to admit... many are not good, especially for tonight."

"You're the only one who can see these possibilities- you are the only one who can prevent as much as possible-" I nodded in understanding.

"If I do this one favour, you will understand that your daughter could possibly be dead by your return." Their eyes watered at the astonishing news, Pearl used the ribbon around her waste to dab her eyes as I held a stern face.

It is times that are hardest when one must stay strong, not just for themselves but everyone.

"O-of course... she's um, in her room and uh, the normal schedule will take place." Mrs (l/n) said, before hugging me tightly and exiting the house with her husband.

Once the door was shut, Pearl and Amethyst stood up, awaiting an explanation. "Okay Crystal Gems, we have baby sitting duty, baby proof the house and make sure at all costs, (Y/n) doesn't enter the kitchen." I explained.

"Good night Miss Garnet." A polite and quiet voice called, Amethyst stared at the girl in the white night dress who smiled brightly.

"Hello (y/n), awake still?" I asked as she nodded.

"I'm just going for a walk around the garden, goodbye." Pearl hurried to stop her before I held her back.

"Let her be, just don't disturb her, as long as you do that it's fine, if she tries to enter an area you think could potentially be dangerous, suggest an alternate room- never summon your weapons." I warned the two.

"Hey uh G? Who is that exactly and why do you sneak off here all the time?" Amethyst asked as I stared at her, materialising my shades once more onto my face.

"She's mentally ill and I help take care of her so her parents can earn money- I found this family through the use of my future vision."

"Good night Miss Tall Lady!" (Y/n) grinned, tugging at Pearl's ribbon. Pearl jumped in a slight surprise and looked at me uncertainly.

"Hello, (y/n)." Pearl said hesitantly. (Y/n) looked up at her and smiled.

"Wanna play a game?" She cooed. Pearl bent to (y/n)'a height and smirked

"What kind of game?" Pearl asked.

"(Y/n) I don't think that's a good idea." I said to her.

"But Miss Garnet- it's really fun I promise." She said sincerely.

"It's probably not the safest game to play (y/n), I don't think Pearl would like being thrown into the oven and roasted." I said quietly as Pearl looked at me mind boggled.

"Well, what if we play another game then?" She said sweetly, grasping a hold of my hand and leading me to the kitchen. "Mommy and daddy never let me here- I bet there are loads of toys to play in there." She eagerly made her way to the kitchen as I picked her up.

"How about we play something in the living roo-" she yelled at me, biting and scraping at me as much as possible before screaming as loud as possible.

"Garnet! What's going on?!" Amethyst asked as (y/n) began to cry.

"I'm not a baby! I'm (age) years old!!!" She finally said before stubbornly going silent. I released her quickly as she ran to Amethyst. "Good night Miss Purple Lady- can you help protect me from the evil Miss Garnet? She told me she was going to kill me." Amethyst silently stepped away as I began making my way towards her.

"(Y/n) that's not nice." I said, she took off for the kitchen instantly as Pearl, Amethyst and I made our way quickly with as little noise as possible to prevent scaring her.

"(Y/n). I know what you're doing remember? And it's not good to do it." I warned as Pearl silently checked the cupboards for (y/n).

"(Y/n)!" I called, "drop the knife. Now. Be a good girl- come on." I coaxed her.

"Oh hello Miss Garnet." We all turned behind us as I quickly tried to take the blade out of her hand. "Oh no Miss Garnet... I need to say good bye first- good bye, good bye, good bye." And before any of us could stop her, she ran the blade straight through herself, the red liquid spraying all of us in a matter of seconds.

"GARNET WHAT DO WE DO?!" Pearl screamed in shock, lunging towards (y/n). I held her back.

"Nothing. It's to late- what I foresaw has happened." We went silent as her body dropped to the floor with a cringe and crunch.

"You-you knew?" Amethyst asked flabbergasted.

"I warned her parents, now we must assist them with as much moral support for the funeral- Steven may come but he mustn't know what each of us has seen.

(Y/n)'s limp body was surrounded in a pool of her own blood, the horrific image looked as if it were taken out of a horror film.

I stared in shame and guilt at the girl before removing my shades once more, a tear falling from my eye.

And that would have to be the last tear I shed for the girl.