Friendly!Blue Diamond X Friendly!Steven

3rd person P.O.V

"It's here again." Garnet stated. Pearl turned her head to face the fusion, bracing herself for the worst of news.

"What is?" She asked worriedly, fingers fiddling with anticipation.

"Blue Diamond's Palanquin." Garnet replied. The room went silent as everyone processed the information, including Amethyst who surprisingly- seemed to be in deep thought.

Steven decided to speak up. "Again? She said last time was the final time she'd be here..." the Crystal Gems looked at him carefully.

"What do you mean?" Pearl asked.

"When she took dad, she said that she wouldn't come back- she wasn't even supposed to be here."

"But why was she here? And near the pink palanquin?" Garnet mumbled.

"Because... that was where it happened... she misses Pink Diamond." Steven said awkwardly, noting the uncomfortable looks from Pearl.

"She was paying respect to Pink Diamond? That's new..." Garnet said in thought.

"But..." Steven hesitated, an idea already brewing in his mind.

"But?" Pearl asked patiently.

"But I think... she could become a crystal gem."

Pearl's heart would have frozen if she had one. "Become... a crystal gem? Steven, she's BLUE DIAMOND- no WAY is there even a CHANCE she cares for humans!"

Amethyst nodded, "For once, I agree with P... Steven, she kidnapped your dad..."

Steven shook his head furiously, the little curls bouncing as his head shook. "No! She did kidnap dad but because she wanted to SAVE him!" Steven insisted.

"Save him?" Garnet repeated, interested.

"Yeah... she was crying about pink diamond... and... I was crying her tears and then-"

"WOAH hang on..." Amethyst cut Steven off. "Crying her tears? Start from the beginning."

"Yes please do... we were in such a rush to save Greg, you didn't tell us what happened apart from Blue Diamond taking him against his will." Pearl encouraged.

"Well, dad and I were watching a movie." Steven hesitated, "and I fell asleep... that's when I began dreaming about the pink palanquin... dad woke me up and there were tears... no reason I was crying. I just was.

I told Connie my dream, she showed me the journal and with Uncle Andy and dad, we went to Korea!"

"Korea?! In Andy's plane contraption?!" Pearl repeated in worry, "that's half way across the world!" Garnet placed a reassuring hand on Pearl's shoulder.

"Continue Steven." She instructed.

"Right... so we found the blue palanquin and then saw Blue Diamond and Blue Pearl. We hid behind bushes but Blue Pearl heard us so dad took the hit and revealed where he was.

While I stayed hidden, dad went to Blue Diamond who spoke about Pink Diamond and as she cried I was crying and I realised I was crying her tears."

"That's odd..." Garnet said.

"What's with the link between Steven and BD?" Amethyst asked.

"I'm not sure..." Pearl spoke up, just as clueless as Garnet.

"Anyways..." Steven pressed on, "Dad told her how he understood how hard it was to lose someone and Blue Diamond was amazed? She said she couldn't believe humans could be capable of feeling how she did... SAD because of the loss of someone.